Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
I`m sure this has been discussed before but would like to hear the Yea`s & Nay`s of Coach Net rather than Good Sam ERS>

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
I`m sure this has been discussed before but would like to hear the Yea`s & Nay`s of Coach Net rather than Good Sam ERS>

Old 07-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I can only speak for Coach Net, we have had their service since 2001 on various unit. The service they have provided has been excellent. I would not even consider going with another provider.

Fred and Bonnie
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
Abby, Ruffles & Scarlett, "The Cats"
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
Well I got them for the first time this year before we took our trip to yellowstone. When we needed the help they said that they had no one anywhere near us in West Yellowstone. So I hate to judge on a one time event but it was a biggie. I do have second thoughts on spending the money now. Good Sams always responded but I have to say that that was locally.
However when we were having issues with the motorhome on the way home they did tell us where the closest Workhorse service was....
Just could have been a fluke
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
My GoodSam Road Service expires in September, and of course, their bugging me to renew already. So far I haven't had to use them, so I can't say anything good or bad. I've heard a few complaints about them.

I'm considering changing over to Coach Net also, so I hope we can get a few more responses here about Coach Net.
Bob 2006 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ
US Navy Carrier Battlegroup 1959/1963
Summer in Colorado, Winter Texas Gulf Coast
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
We've had Coach Net for years. First through WIT and now thru FMCA. Never have had any problems with them and they've always been very helpful when we've needed them. Even once this year when we needed help and it wasn't an item covered by them they gave us a telephone number to call to get someone to us (It wasn't a emergency situation just something had come loose on the MH and needed to be fastened down and I didn't have the tools to do it myself)
2005 35' Mountaineer TT

2003 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+
Reno-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had both and prefer Coach-Net. One reason is that they have RV techs on staff and you can get phone help with other RV problems - need not be a roadside breakdown.

As for the West Yellowstone incident mentioned above, there isn't much of anything within 75+ miles of West Yellowstone. It's over 80 miles to Belgrade and 100+ to Jackson Hole, so not surprising no help was available. But I'm curious - did they not offer any support at all? I've had great support from Coach-Net when help was not immediately available (the local tire service had too many calls backed up and another provider had a truck breakdown). They kept calling other services and checking back with me with updates, finally locating a tire service 40 miles away that would send a truck with the part I needed (a replacement valve stem) to get back on the road. We were hung up for longer than I liked, but I was really impressed with their diligence in finding the help I needed.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
I have heard good and bad about both, but more good reports on Coach-net than for GS. We have had Coach-net for several years and used them three times, twice for the motor home and once for a car while in Canada. Each time they have come through with flying colors. I am completely satisfied and will keep them for a long time to come.
Tom and Barb
'07 Winnebago Voyage 35L
Workhorse W22 chassis FMCA 219315
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #9
This may be a dumb question BUT - the insurance that we carry on our coach says that they will tow etc. much the same "reading" as the Good Sam ERS as well as the Coach Net. Am I feeling too confident in an insurance company as compared to the above mentioned road side service??? I don't want to purchase Coach Net if it does the same thing as my insurance.
Advice needed.

Mike and Gerri
Happytrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #10
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It would depend on your present insurance towing provisions.

Would they send a suitable tow truck, or are they auto oriented?
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:46 AM   #11
Rv Roamer they did not offer any help just said that they had nothing close to us. Just like you said Belgrade or Boseman but no one who could get us there. I was a little surprised at that so I just went to the office at the campground to get help.
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:42 AM   #12
I changed to Coach Net from GSERS, mainly because of good reports and the tech being available. Also, called GS one winter day when it was cold, but not snowy and they said it would be 8 hours before a tow truck could be sent because they were busy. We were in the middle of Nashville. We were completely on our own and finally had a friend rescue us, went home and got the motorhome, hooked up on the side of I 40 and towed it myself, so I felt stranded by GS

Coachnet started in May and I proceeded to call them for a flat tire, then made 2 tech calls that helped me know what to do and find a place for service, and then had to have my toad towed in June to a Chev dealer 27 miles away after AAA told me they would only pay the first 5 miles and would cost $4.00 a miles after that. There is nothing within 5 miles of when I live. So, I think the best of Coach net and will recommend them to all.
Barb, BenBen (at Rainbow Bridge), Jane, Willow, Lilly, and the recent foster failure Rosie
2014 Palazzo 33.2
kokofriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:25 PM   #13
I have had Coach Net for about 6 years. Have called them for 3 tows on the (2) coaches, and 1 call for the toad. Generally happy with them.

I have logged a complaint with them once regarding the tow truck response time, as they use regional garages. They have always sent the appropriate equipment to tow my coach.

The complaint I filed was for my first ever tow, on I-95 in SC for an oil pressure switch failure. Sat on the side of the road for 8 hours waiting for the tow truck (they had a wreck they were clearing elsewhere). Funny part of this story is the tow truck ran out of fuel hooking me up. He had to call his partner to bring fuel for the tow truck!!!!

Made it to the repair site about midnight.
'07 Winnebago Journey 34H - CAT C7, Koni's, MCU's, SS Bell Crank, Safe-T-Plus
'07 HHR Toad, SMI AFO, Blue OX
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #14
Thanks to everyone for your input, looks like I`ll give Coach Net a call.