Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #15

I sort of agree Joe but my suggestion will work for anyone fighting the cold. I was directing my comments not just to the OP's problem.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wood whats an air to air heat exchanger? The only place I get condensation is the windshield and if I leave the curtains open I don't get that. But you can bet your bottom I don't camp in -13 degrees!!!
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #17

Air to air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete & Linda View Post
Wood whats an air to air heat exchanger? The only place I get condensation is the windshield and if I leave the curtains open I don't get that. But you can bet your bottom I don't camp in -13 degrees!!!

I could go into details explaining but it might be better to look at this site and what they are selling. Look through and you might get a reasonable understanding of what I'm speaking about. This is NOT the size unit I would use for a motorhome.

What the site has is a good explanation.:
HE150 Air-to-Air Heat Exchanger - Smarthome

Now if you go to this site you will find a smaller unit made by Panasonic. This is one you can adapt to a motorhome. Look for model number PE FV04VE1 on the page. Since if fits between standard framing it's not too bulky.
Panasonic air to air:
http://www.ec-securehost.com/positiv...html#PEFV04VE1

In my opinion Mitsubishi is the leader and have been making air to air heat exchangers for a long time and I'm familiar with them. They are bulky units. Mitsubishi components are used in products produced by Renewaire.

You might want to look at the model EV-70. Not as small as the Panasonic unit.

The Renewaire site:
RenewAire Energy Recovery Ventilation

The EV-70 is small by house standards but still oversize for a motorhome since it moves too many CFM. A 40 foot motorhome only needs 14-15 CFM. EV-70 manual: http://www.renewaire.com/_assets/fil...0Man_MAR08.pdf

The Panasonic can be set up for 10-20 CFM and I think the most adaptable.

Non of these use much power. Far less than a dehumidfier.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #18

Not any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
At minus 13, I don't care what you do. You will have problems in any coach. That is mighty cold! Joe

Joe, at first I stated I sort of agree with you . That is no longer the case.

I know how to fix the problem.

No interest was expressed in my post so rather than looking like I'm trying to pound this information at you I can let anyone who takes an interest by sending me a PM or email on how I solved this problem the OP stated.

I will say I'm disappointed in the lack of interest but will still help.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Hi pressure always trys to go to the low pressure. Where ever these two meet when the humidity level is hi, condensation forms. The only way to correct this is to somehow control the humidity level. Below 35% app. To stop the water forming.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm surprised too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYDEL View Post
Joe, at first I stated I sort of agree with you . That is no longer the case.

I know how to fix the problem.

No interest was expressed in my post so rather than looking like I'm trying to pound this information at you I can let anyone who takes an interest by sending me a PM or email on how I solved this problem the OP stated.

I will say I'm disappointed in the lack of interest but will still help.
I am surprised that people in cold climates didn't ask what they can do. As for us, the coldest we can remember in the 26 years that we have lived here in Southern Arizona was 19 degrees. Not minus 19, just 19! Today's weather is forecast to have a high of 78 and a low of 38. You can well imagine that this is our favorite time of the year!
Happy trails, Joe
Old 02-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #21

Not sure why you think there was no interest in your post. I went to the sites and it looked like I could get an oversized unit for a lot of money plus a bunch of connections . It would allow me to exchange the warm damp air inside with the cold damp outside air.I would consider a unit for my house cause it is very tight.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #22

Since my posts were made in this thread I have found the BETTER product to use. Designed and sold in CANADA where it is COLD. Same concept. PM or email me if you're interested.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #23

That's not what is going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Hi pressure always trys to go to the low pressure. Where ever these two meet when the humidity level is hi, condensation forms. The only way to correct this is to somehow control the humidity level. Below 35% app. To stop the water forming.
The only thing happening is that the inside air is reaching its dew point next to the glass. As it gets progressively colder that condensation becomes ice.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
How much stock did you say you own of Sham Wow?

Our local dollar stores have generic "Sham Wows" for a dollar . . . quality seems comparable to the expensive ones. I keep several on hand.