Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-23-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
I think the air bed has been discussed some before but couldn't quite come up with our problem. After a few months in our new Tour we noticed one control had no response, other one would read ER when you pushed any of the buttons. Odd thing, every now and then it would work fine. We took it back to the dealer, who changed out a hose and one of the air mattresses, personally I don't think he listened to my complaint, nothing seemed to be wrong with holding the air, it's just that we can't adjust anything sometimes. We're thinking of calling the comfortair people and see what they can tell us. We can't figure out why suddenly it will work after going wks with nothing.

txbeachfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds more like a control problem, maybe low voltage at times or something like that. And that "ER" must mean something. A call to Comfortair does seem indicated.

Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
When you call Sleep Number, be prepared for them to tell you that they have no record of your purchase of the bed, unless the dealer sent them a warranty registration of some kind. My dealer did not and as a result they said I did not have a bed that I had been sleeping in.

Only becuase I was trying to get a simple repair part (the connector from the supply tube to the mattress was split open and leaked air out) and I had another sleep number bed for my house did they agree to send me the part, which has been upgraded in recent years due to many warranty claims for the version first used in my bed (04 - 06 years).

Sleep number's customer service is well known for the lack of service, until you agree to pay for what you want. On our house bed the pump and controls went out after two years and one month (the problem was it took over two months to get to the point of calling the national folks due to the local store working with my wife to resolve the issue and after the two extra months of getting nowhere. Well after two years, you start to pay a large pro-rated portion of the pumpand controls, so they wanted to charge us $300 for the new pump and controls (which are only sold as a single unit). I thought my wife was going to shoot them over the phone!! She eventually got them down to paying shipping for the unit plus about $50 I think.

So call the national service number as soon as you can, and maybe you can get it replaced under warranty.
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G
Cat 350
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
Just a quick follow-up, after we had more problems with the pump not working, we finally gave in and called comfortaire. The support lady said "definitely a faulty bed and is sending out a whole new one" One thing we did discover after getting to Vegas with a flat, uncomfortable mattress, you can take a regular 12-volt air pump and plug it into the hole at the end of the mattress after you remove their hose...pump it up and you're good to go. Thanks for the responses.
txbeachfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
I think there are 2 different companies being discussed here - Sleep Number (Select Comfort) and Comfortaire. We have one of each - A Select Comfort Sleep Number bed in the stick house and a Comfortaire bed in the MH. We have been fortunate to get excellent customer service from both companies when we had problems.

After about 18 months of using the Select Comfort we called corporate customer service regarding a controller error message and they replaced the pump and all connecting equipment without question and paid all shipping.

We recently purchased a Comfortaire bed and were not totally happy with the egg-crate type mattress topper pad because we felt it did not fully expand in all areas. We called Comfortaire and they promptly shipped us a new one. At first they said they would provide pre-paid shipping for the return, but later said they did not want the "defective" mattress topper pad returned.

The beds and equipment are different, and so far we like them both. Looking forward to using the bed in the MH more! Thanks for the tip on using an air pump, and hope we never have to. Good luck.
Mic (& Rick the FishBum)
2008 Cayman XL 35SBD & 2008 Honda CR-V
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Been there , done that with the air pump
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Enroute to Sturgis last time, my select comfort queen size air bed popped a seam. I suspect it was due to my bed already being firm, elevation, and heat due to the bed being over the engine compartment. I called the company on my cell, they had my name, and shipped out a replacement mattress to the campground I was going to. I had to pay for shipping and a prorated replacement cost of the mattress. Overall customer service was a B+.
When I traded in my old RV, the air bed went into the penthouse of my new Outlaw.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:22 AM   #8
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My two problems with our Sleep Number bed were handled professionaly and quickly.

Dale & Betty

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote