Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #15

Hi Folks
I too purchased a similar item on ebay. I got 10 bulbs for about $18 including shpping.( I should mention I have bulb model 1141 and the units I purchased fit many different models such as 1156 etc). The seller had an option of Warm or Bright. I purchased the Warm because I was worried the Bright would be too harsh. I just got them and installed them.
My thoughts...
They are not as bright at the incandescent 1141, but the are VERY close. However even though I purchased the Warm I do notice they are not as warm and full spectrum as the incandescent. They are still a bit harsh. That being sad, my understanding is one of my incandescent bulbs draws enough current to light 3 LED bulbs. So, from a practical standpoint, especially when Boondoggling, LED upgrade (to me ) is a good idea.

I think most RV's are the same where they have 2 bulbs per fixture. For simplicity I will call one bulb on per fixture LOW and two bulbs on per fixture HIGH. I replaced both the high and low bulbs on the fixtures in the hallways because it seems they are always on. But In the kitchen and and bathroom and above the dinette and couch I only replaced the low beams. I also installed a LED in the outside light because I have been known to leave that on all night.

hope this helps folks deciding on this change out.
-James

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
Search for seller "autosaver 88" on ebay. They have a 99.7% rating and seem to be a very good seller. They sell a package of 10 for$16.99. Very easy to install. Probably buy more of these in the soon future. They are slightly dimmer than the incandescent bulbs. However they give off plenty enough light I am happy with this setup now.
When I search for "autosaver 88" a LOT of stuff comes up! Can you give us a link to the seller? Thanks!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Speaking of LEDs...here is a website for complete replacement of the ugly plastic OEM ceiling lights...kinda pricey but really nice.

LED Lighting Installations
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
leds

cinplexsound did you buy warm white or bright white went to ebay and
autosaver 88 sells both types thanks john
Old 11-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #19

Triple E Owners Club
I have had really good success using led bulbs and panels from ebay seller "3c-made-in-china". I converted all my lights this year. I tried a few different suppliers and liked theirs the best. The warm white was perfect for us.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #20

Another photo of my MH LED setup. It was quite gray and rainy here today. So not a lot of light outside. Perfect opportunity to see of I'm satisfied with the amount of light my LED's are putting out. As you can see in the picture. Needless to say. I'm quite happy with result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416706890064.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	79666  
Old 11-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
When I search for "autosaver 88" a LOT of stuff comes up! Can you give us a link to the seller? Thanks!
I'll see what I can do. Still trying to figure out my way around a smartphone. It's the only internet access I have here.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #22

Changed mine out today to led and was surprised that on the light fixtures that I use a lot, like in the bath and hall. That were the bulb plugs in that they were brown from the heat.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider, View Post
Changed mine out today to led and was surprised that on the light fixtures that I use a lot, like in the bath and hall. That were the bulb plugs in that they were brown from the heat.
Yes I know. I was horrified at how hot the old incandescent lights could get. The covers on my light fixtures had some slight yellowing from the old bulbs heating up to much. Now I can leave my lights on for hours and don't have to worry about it.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here is a link to Ebay autosaver 88 store.

http://stores.ebay.com/autosaver88?_...p2047675.l2563
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscott4 View Post

Thanks!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #26

I am able to run all of my LEDs for 2 hours on a 12 volt battery so small you could hide it in a purse and no one would ever know it was there. The reduction in power usage is unbelievable and amazing.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscott4 View Post

Hey thank you. It's is a challenge to copy and paste until I get regular internet set up here and can get back on the computer again.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
converting to LED's

All of my interior lights are the G4 connection with 10w Halogen bulbs. I switched most to LED 9w round wafer LED's rated as 'bright white'. All worked and fit fine except they are not very bright. I have been unable to find brighter bulbs. Will a different style (other than wafer) fit? Next, I converted my backup and turn signal lights to LED (#1156) - all seems okay. I was going to convert the double filament bulbs (brake/tail, etc) to LED's but an Ebay seller said that ALL their LED's must have a resistor installed to work properly. I thought that I could just match up the bulb type - 1156 or 1157, and just plug and go. Would greatly appreciate any input. I have a 2013 Fleetwood pusher. Thanks