Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #1

Ok: any suggestions why a realitively new Carbon Monoxide Detector (hardwired into our 2007 Fleetwood Southwind) has decided to scare the #*%t out of me once a day...never at the same time.
One, nerve-jarring BEEP, and if I'm not home to press the test button, it will wait 3 minutes and issue another single, ear-splitting BEEP.
No dust or webs...(I vacuumed it anyway). Once I've pressed the TEST button, and it goes thru several BEEP cycles, then it's quiet...til the next day.
Currently hooked-up to 50amps and nobody parked around us. Label says it's good til 2011.
Any ideas?
Really don't want to yank it from the wall: just tired of having to jump-start my heart each day!

2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V w/Ford V10
Bludog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #2

Ok: any suggestions why a realitively new Carbon Monoxide Detector (hardwired into our 2007 Fleetwood Southwind) has decided to scare the #*%t out of me once a day...never at the same time.
One, nerve-jarring BEEP, and if I'm not home to press the test button, it will wait 3 minutes and issue another single, ear-splitting BEEP.
No dust or webs...(I vacuumed it anyway). Once I've pressed the TEST button, and it goes thru several BEEP cycles, then it's quiet...til the next day.
Currently hooked-up to 50amps and nobody parked around us. Label says it's good til 2011.
Any ideas?
Really don't want to yank it from the wall: just tired of having to jump-start my heart each day!

Old 05-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Even though it is hard wired, does it have a battery backup? Maybe that battery needs replacing.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #4

No battery...(which I thought was odd).
Found the instruction manual: not much help. (Vacuum and press TEST button).

Old 05-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #5

Sound like a power interruption or maybe a defective CO detector. I would call Costar for help and maybe get an exchange unit from them.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:29 AM   #6

Thanks Gary and Jim for your replies. Much as I hate too...sounds like I'll have to disconnect til we obtain a replacement.

Anyone else have (or had)one of these monitors with a crazy streak?

Old 05-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bludog, our fire alarm and carbon monoxide alarms are both battery operated. Only the propane detector (in the kitchen area below the fridge) is hardwired. It goes nuts if DW sprays deodorizer in the cat box which we keep close to there. The propellent in some aerosols can give some of the alarms a workout.

historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote