Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2005, 05:11 PM   #1

I have heard a number of people who didn't like the couch in the 30 foot Monarch SE and swapped it out for a couple of chairs. Some have said they used lazy boys. Anyone do this that can recommend a couple of chairs that will fit nicely? I've had it with the small couch.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2005, 05:11 PM   #2

I have heard a number of people who didn't like the couch in the 30 foot Monarch SE and swapped it out for a couple of chairs. Some have said they used lazy boys. Anyone do this that can recommend a couple of chairs that will fit nicely? I've had it with the small couch.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:29 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
jkoob, welcome to iRV2.com. Glad to see you join us. Sorry that I cannot answer your specific question but I am sure some of our members might be able to. You might want to check into the Scan-design style chairs to fit your need. Good luck and keep us posted as to the outcome.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #4

We wanted recliners instead of the uncomfortable Flexsteel sofa that was installed in our unit, so we went to a Lazyboy dealer which had a big inventory and tested recliners till we found one we liked...fortunately we both liked one model and they had another in the warehouse. The RV dealer had already disassembled the couch and took it on consignment so the recliners which are shipped with back separate from seat slid easily into our new motor home. We left the seat belts in their original positions to anchor the chairs when moving. One LB dealer told us that he recommends locking the recliner position to keep the chairs from rocking but we've never had a problem that way. We move the recliners out from the wall slightly to keep them from rearing back into the lambrequins around the windows. We're certainly more comfortable in our recliners than we would have been on that couch. Joan Lee
Old 12-02-2005, 12:39 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
JubileeJo2004, welcome to iRV2.com. Thank you for joining and for your help in this matter. We look forward to your views and insight on RVing issues, especially since you are full timing. Good luck and enjoy the website. Be sure to check out and even post photos on our free photo gallary. Take care and be safe.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:39 AM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
jkoop...I have a 2005 Monaco Diplomat and didn't like the size of the Flexsteel rocker/recliner. Plus, the backrest was too low and didn't suppoert my head. I went to Lazy Boy and found a Euro style wall-away recliner with footrest. It was perfect, but pricey. To order it in either leather or cloth was about $800.00 and 12 weeks for delivery.

While at the Pomona RV Show we saw some Euro style chairs made in several different colors of leather for $400.00 - $600.00 with matching automan. I ordered one from the company and they drop shipped it to my house for and additional $20.00. It requires about 30 minutes to assemble. It's very comfortable and nicely made. You could buy two of these for about $1000.00 - $1200.00.

I believe the company's name is Benchmaster and they're located in So. Calif. If you're interested let me know and I'll take a photo and give you the phone number to the company. There taupe leather chair was almost a perfect match for the ultraleather Flexsteel chair. The company will also made you leather swatches and wood samples to see if they match your decor.

Why doesn't Flexsteel make something like the wall-away recliner. Wouldn't that be more practical in a motorhome than a swivel/rocker that weighs a ton and is difficult to move away from the wall for use?

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote