Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Let me see if I got this straight...you buy an extended warranty "policy" issued by CSI through some wholesale broker or RV dealer, but the "policy" is administered by one of apparently several different "administrators" and the administrator needs / has insurance from another company to "insure" that the administrator will "perform". What could possibly go wrong? Maybe reimbursement is listed in the fine print as an exclusion???

Sounds like a shell game to me, and good luck getting your money back!
not really different than any other insurance, you by the policy from a broker, the policy has an administrator (processes claims, etc...) and the policy is backed by various finical institutions and instruments. The phrase "insure" that the administrator will "perform" describes financial backing not an overseer to see they do right. All insurance companies have some form of financial baking. Take life insurance, the company that issues the policy, Prudential for example will sell a piece of your policy to other insurers to mitigate their risk. Prudential will still be the one to pay off but not totally with their money.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bobby View Post
ACC bad just bad
Did you have a claim with them and if so would you tell us about it?

The only claim I can find from one of our members so far from a CSI policy is listed here on this thread and it doesn't look promising. I really thought this one might be different. There I go thinking again.

Still looking for more claim info on CSI.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to JimmyLeggett
I was looking at these folks along with coach net and ACC to replace Good Sam which is a very expensive waste of money. Now I will continue to research. Good Sam never once paid off on anything.
JimmyLeggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to JimmyLeggett
My cummins warranty is still good for another year or so and 30K miles. Had to have a repair on the Onan gen set and Cummins was on it, the repair complete and no hassle other than it took 3 days to get the appointment.

The really big ticket items, i.e. power plant, gear box, gen set and chassis are covered by top notch manfacturers who stand behind thier products, most of the other components are not super expensive so I have some time to look for a decent and reliable extended plan, if such an animal exists
JimmyLeggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
OK...another update. I got wholesalewarranties involved this morning & I have to admit I'm impressed with their service. They contacted NASC, worked out the problem, figured out the disagreement was due to a wierd technicality (having to do with "standard" labor times to fix a microwave) and have agreed to pay me the difference directly. So, I'm getting the original reimbursement that I was due.

According to wholesalewarranties most of the claims done on this warranty go very smoothly, and they commit to getting involved and helping as needed. They claimed it was rare to run into difficulties as I have done (of course, I have no way of verifying this except their word, but certainly they've kept up their end of the bargain so far)

So, a long haul to get the repair finally approved, but very good support from the warranty company.

Nina
Old 04-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the update and I hope things go smoother in the future. I'll still be looking for more claims updates before I commit. I have until July to do so or not.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
OK...another update. I got wholesalewarranties involved this morning & I have to admit I'm impressed with their service. They contacted NASC, worked out the problem, figured out the disagreement was due to a wierd technicality (having to do with "standard" labor times to fix a microwave) and have agreed to pay me the difference directly. So, I'm getting the original reimbursement that I was due.

According to wholesalewarranties most of the claims done on this warranty go very smoothly, and they commit to getting involved and helping as needed. They claimed it was rare to run into difficulties as I have done (of course, I have no way of verifying this except their word, but certainly they've kept up their end of the bargain so far)

So, a long haul to get the repair finally approved, but very good support from the warranty company.

Nina
In talking with Daniel at Wholesale it is my understanding they have a full time Wholesale employee at the CSI offices to assist with claims issues. Really glad to hear it worked out for you.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #22
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As it turns out, the CSI wasn't available to Fl residents through Wholesale Warranties. After spending a lot of time with Jeff Shelton ( WW owner) , I decided that I wanted them to issue my contract. Therefore , I went with a very affordable alternative with Cornerstone United. After checking them out , I have a good comfort level. A major RV Dealer that I know has used them for about 2 years now and gives them high praise. It's an exclusionary contract.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The other bit of research I found helpful in sleeting CSI was to call various RV repair shops and ask about their experiences with the different warranty companies I was considering. CSI got the best feedback.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
I bought from Wholesalewarranties. I also discussed with Go RV. It was basically the same contract, but I negotiated back and forth on price....

Nina
I liked the agents at both Wholesale and GO RV. I just clicked better with Go RV and they dealt me a little bit better deal than WSW. (My dealer didn't try to negotiate at all...that was a bit of a surprise.) I also pe-epositioned some data with GO RV. They have copies of the ORIGINAL sticker listing, the full service done as part of the sale, a copy of my Pre-delivery inspection report, and at their request a memo from my dealer with a readable date, name of PDI technician, and mileage at delivery. All of that was forwarded to the administrator for review for completeness.

I scan to PDF all my documents, verify they are readable and have them ready to go if requested. That includes anything that might be covered that has been replaced such as batteries if they are damaged by a covered item. I also have a document I keep with maintenance history. All that is "on the cloud" so I can get to it anywhere.

My investigation with ACC was not so good. While I could get sample copies of the contracts (including the names of Administrator/Obligor) ACC wouldn't. They kept providing me a brochure and list of what was covered. I wanted the darn contract!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Agreed, if they won't send you a copy of a sample contract, that is a huge red flag
Old 04-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #26

I have not been happy with them and would not purchase another policy from Allegiance. I purchased through wholesalewarranties and got a really good price, however when it came time to make a claim I had a less than stellar experience. Some things to note:

1. When you make a claim the adjuster will research the cheapest possible way to make the repair and will price parts online. The cooling unit went out in my fridge and they sourced a reman unit online and would only reimburse that amount plus their book rate for labor. My xantrex inverter also had some odd issues (fan quit working and the control panel looked like it had been replaced with disco lights). Rather than replace the unit they required it be shipped back to xantrex to be reconditioned. I had to pay shipping for this out of pocket.

2. The aforementioned grumpiness of the claims rep that both I and the repair facility had to deal with.

3. The amount of time required to approve/process the request IMHO was entirely too long.

4. They required an inspector to come out to verify the issues that I had reported. I understand this as these were relatively expensive repairs, however the scheduling of the resource was not handled well. The inspector called an hour prior to arrival to let the repair facility know he was coming. This is not adequate time for the repair facility to be ready for their arrival.

I really got annoyed that I had paid the amount of money that this warranty cost only to have to jump through their hoops.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusion
I have not been happy with them and would not purchase another policy from Allegiance. I purchased through wholesalewarranties and got a really good price, however when it came time to make a claim I had a less than stellar experience. Some things to note:

1. When you make a claim the adjuster will research the cheapest possible way to make the repair and will price parts online. The cooling unit went out in my fridge and they sourced a reman unit online and would only reimburse that amount plus their book rate for labor. My xantrex inverter also had some odd issues (fan quit working and the control panel looked like it had been replaced with disco lights). Rather than replace the unit they required it be shipped back to xantrex to be reconditioned. I had to pay shipping for this out of pocket.

2. The aforementioned grumpiness of the claims rep that both I and the repair facility had to deal with.

3. The amount of time required to approve/process the request IMHO was entirely too long.

4. They required an inspector to come out to verify the issues that I had reported. I understand this as these were relatively expensive repairs, however the scheduling of the resource was not handled well. The inspector called an hour prior to arrival to let the repair facility know he was coming. This is not adequate time for the repair facility to be ready for their arrival.

I really got annoyed that I had paid the amount of money that this warranty cost only to have to jump through their hoops.
Interesting to see your experience. It seems to align with mine. The microwave issue we had was a discrepancy between what Allegiance specified it should cost to fix and what the repair center was actually spending on the fix. Allegiance apparently have some kind of repair guidelines (I.e. it should take x hours or x dollars to fix a part..some kind of 'book' costs) and (in my case) wouldn't authorize above that. Wholesale warranties ended up comping me the difference.

Did wholesale warranties get involved on any of your claims?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee

In talking with Daniel at Wholesale it is my understanding they have a full time Wholesale employee at the CSI offices to assist with claims issues. Really glad to hear it worked out for you.
I don't think they actually have an employee there. However they do have a person (here in their San Diego office) who helps with claims and i was told they have a very good relationship with the head of the claims department at Allegiance. At least that was how my claim was resolved.