Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #1
Community Administrator

CSI Allegiance ext. warranty

A few on this forum have purchased this and it appears to be a good one as it is an exclusionary policy and covers consequential damage. I have searched and cannot find any comments from anyone ( good or bad ) that has experience with them. Still looking .If you have some , please let me know.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Community Administrator

I spoke to one of our members today who purchased one of these policies but ( gladly ) hasn't had a claim yet. Still looking for some feedback on them.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I am negotiating with GO RV for a Allegiance/CSI policy. Very impressed with GO RV's attention to my many questions. Here is a tidbit I learned...

If you purchase an extended warranty (I assume any brand) and the company is based in Illinois, be careful. Illinois it the only state with special rules that says such policies can NOT cover breakdowns caused by "normal wear and tear".

From the contract:
Section VI. EXCLUSIONS – WHAT THIS MOTOR HOME SERVICE AGREEMENT DOES NOT COVER- This section is amended to include the following:
(26) THE MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN OF ANY COVERED PART RESULTING FROM NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.

Read the sample contracts very carefully and the pages covering state rules. Any special adjustments based on state laws are governed by the state of the broker you buy it from. In the case of GO RV my governing rules are based on TX rules and not my home state of IL. WHEW!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by athuddriver
I am negotiating with GO RV for a Allegiance/CSI policy. Very impressed with GO RV's attention to my many questions. Here is a tidbit I learned...

If you purchase an extended warranty (I assume any brand) and the company is based in Illinois, be careful. Illinois it the only state with special rules that says such policies can NOT cover breakdowns caused by "normal wear and tear".

From the contract:
Section VI. EXCLUSIONS – WHAT THIS MOTOR HOME SERVICE AGREEMENT DOES NOT COVER- This section is amended to include the following:
(26) THE MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN OF ANY COVERED PART RESULTING FROM NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.

Read the sample contracts very carefully and the pages covering state rules. Any special adjustments based on state laws are governed by the state of the broker you buy it from. In the case of GO RV my governing rules are based on TX rules and not my home state of IL. WHEW!
You sure do need to read that thing real good. But it all means nothing if they don't pay. That's why I'm trying to get some real life claims experience.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Old 04-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
OK I'll bite. I just bought one of these warranties about a month ago. I bought it for exactly the reasons you mentioned...best warranty I could find, and I did manage to get a substantial reduction in price on it.

Turns out we've just had our first claim. Our microwave crapped out and needed repair. This is minor stuff (we're talking $180 total), but I have to admit I've not been very happy with NASC (the administrators).

- First they wanted document proof of the coach build to make sure the microwave was part of the original unit - fair enough

- Then they refused to cover part of the repair (a fuse) because they said it wasn't covered under the warranty. I bought the consequential damage clause and I had several calls to contest it.
Eventually they capitulated and agreed to cover it

- Now they're refusing to cover diagnostic work ($40) that was done to decide on the repair. I'm going through this discussion now (still open)

All-in-all a 4 day event to get a bleedin' $180 repair. I have to admit I'm a bit miffed and it doesn't bode well should we ever get a *serious* failure. I'm in two minds on whether to cancel the policy at this point.

Interested in feedback from anyone else that has had to claim too.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Thank you for the input. That's why this forum works. Who did you buy your policy from ?

Old 04-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I bought from Wholesalewarranties. I also discussed with Go RV. It was basically the same contract, but I negotiated back and forth on price.

If it's the same one we got it's CSI Allegiance and the administrator is NASC (National Administrative Solutions corp). NASC are the guys that actually handle the claims so they're the guys you have to deal with when something happens. Could be I got unlucky with a grumpy agent when we did our claim (he certainly seems pretty grumpy on the phone), so I'm still interested to hear if anyone else has actually had success claiming from this company before we decide if we're going to keep or cancel the policy.

Nina
Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt
I bought from Wholesalewarranties. I also discussed with Go RV. It was basically the same contract, but I negotiated back and forth on price.

If it's the same one we got it's CSI Allegiance and the administrator is NASC (National Administrative Solutions corp). NASC are the guys that actually handle the claims so they're the guys you have to deal with when something happens.
Nina
Did you get Wholesale Warranties involved? I spoke to the owner today and he told me that they assist with these issues. Oh. I also have a bridge for sale.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Did you get Wholesale Warranties involved? I spoke to the owner today and he told me that they assist with these issues. Oh. I also have a bridge for sale.
Not yet, but that's a good tip. I'm going to see how my discussion with NASC goes today and if no resolution tomorrow I'll get them involved.
Still....seems alot of hassle for such a small claim.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ACC bad just bad
Big Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by athuddriver View Post

From the contract:

As I read my CSI contract the state rules apply to the state you purchase the contract not where the warranty company is located.

"The following Special State Provisions and/or disclosures apply if this agreement was purchased in one of the following states and supersede any other provisions herein."
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post

If it's the same one we got it's CSI Allegiance and the administrator is NASC (National Administrative Solutions corp). NASC are the guys that actually handle the claims so they're the guys you have to deal with when something happens. Could be I got unlucky with a grumpy agent when we did our claim (he certainly seems pretty grumpy on the phone), so I'm still interested to hear if anyone else has actually had success claiming from this company before we decide if we're going to keep or cancel the policy.

Nina
My CSI Allegiance policy's administrator is Autoguard Advantage Corporation, Dublin, OH. AAC's performance is insured by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, Miami, FL.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
My CSI Allegiance policy's administrator is Autoguard Advantage Corporation, Dublin, OH. AAC's performance is insured by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, Miami, FL.
Let me see if I got this straight...you buy an extended warranty "policy" issued by CSI through some wholesale broker or RV dealer, but the "policy" is administered by one of apparently several different "administrators" and the administrator needs / has insurance from another company to "insure" that the administrator will "perform". What could possibly go wrong? Maybe reimbursement is listed in the fine print as an exclusion???

Sounds like a shell game to me, and good luck getting your money back!
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote