Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #15

Are there any on-line installation or operation manuals for the EC-30W available on the web to download? I searched but could not find any. I own an EC-30 that I haven't installed yet mainly because of the difficulty in making the A/C connections. If the wireless version does everything the wired version does I would go the wireless route.

2000 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDS
Lindenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenberg View Post
Are there any on-line installation or operation manuals for the EC-30W available on the web to download? I searched but could not find any. I own an EC-30 that I haven't installed yet mainly because of the difficulty in making the A/C connections. If the wireless version does everything the wired version does I would go the wireless route.
http://www.cumminsonan.com/www/pdf/rv/f-1824.pdf

69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Onan has now admitted they are having this communications issue on multiple Winnebago products due to they believe the amount of metal in the construction. They have sent me a new interface cable so I can relocate the generator module to the interior of the coach near the One Place Panel. All necessary connections are suppose to be inside the panel. Now I have to remove the module form the bay next to the generator, put the wiring back to before install, patch the hole I had to drill to run the cable from the generator to the bay and then install inside the coach. Hope to get this done in the next week or two. Will update results after completing relocation.
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I bought the EC-30W in March and was having the same communication problem. The Onan techs did the fix for me at the Winnebago GNR. I was also told it is a Winnebago specific problem because as they said "Winnebago puts so much steel in the firewall the signal is not getting through". Glad to know how well built my coach is and was very glad to know they had a fix for it. They did not move the module into the coach but connected wires to the gen start swtich in the One Place panel and changed wires in the module harness. I did not see what they did at the module. The unit works good now, although I've only used it to test it because I've had shore power since then.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #19

I installed an EC-30w as well last winter and had the same problem in my Winnebago. Came back to dead batteries too many times. Tech support didn't have any answers for me back then so I returned it and installed the regular EC-30. Glad to know they found a fix.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Forgot to update the fix. I did relocate the module, after a few issues with the wiring interface Onan supplied. It had the wrong size spade connectors. After relocating it appeared to work fine, never lost communications until this weekend. After traveling on a very rough road, I noticed it lost communications and has not been able to re-establish. I suspect one of the spade connections in the One Place must have rattled loose. Will open panel and determine this week.
When installing new harness, probably best to tye wrap securely to prevent this from happening.
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
BATTERY SWITCHES.HELP.I don't know what I'm doing

On my "NEW" 07 Simba there are two switches in the battery bay and another switch along side the entry steps. The entry step switch is labeled "battery disconnect". When I store the MH for a week or so, am I supposed to turn off all three switches? Today I found the house batteries dead. I had only used the battery disconnect switch. It was only stored for 1 1/2 weeks. I had only turned the battery disconnect switch off.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
Quote:
Originally Posted by openpro View Post
I installed an EC-30w as well last winter and had the same problem in my Winnebago. Came back to dead batteries too many times. Tech support didn't have any answers for me back then so I returned it and installed the regular EC-30. Glad to know they found a fix.
I plan to install an EC30 hardwired unit in my 08 Meridian and have a few questions to start with. For those that have installed in a Winnebago, most of the wiring required is at the one-place panel. There is an unused connector in mine that I am inferring is used to install the autostart. Has anyone used it? Is there an adapter needed or does the Onan panel connect directly to it?

I know this is an old thread, but I appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks.