Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2016, 01:22 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I happened into the byron CW store last year when I was staying near macon for a number of months. I had a chat with the sales manager and general manager who had just taken over the store. He was a younger guy that had come from a different background. He told me that all his salespeople with the exception of a few "cancers" were brand new and he was struggling with getting them up to speed. It amazes me that they hire people to run these stores with no RV background whatsoever. Seemed like he was trying and doing his best to make the place better. I too purchased my unit back in 2014 from General RV and also had a great experience. Space norman, you should share your dealership as well, folks need to know where the good ones are.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2016, 01:47 AM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Walmart of RV/camping....

Buy from a local mom and pop type shop. We found our dealer by accident. They primarily just rent campers/pop-ups, but they supplement their income in the slow winter months by selling new Viking TT's. They bent over backwards to make us feel comfortable and appreciated.

Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:09 AM   #17

Camping World. Ugh. I imagine when an avid RVer ends up in the netherworld the eternal damnation is to spend all their time driving back and forth to a Camping World trying to buy an RV.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree that Customer Service is hit or miss. I have had good luck with Camping World's service center, but do not think I would buy a motorhome from them. Don't have a good reason why other than they probably don't pay enough to get a good salesman with knowledge. My last two motorhomes I purchased from Mike Thompson's RV in Southern California. My salesman on my first motorhome purchase was kind of full of himself. My salesman on my second motorhome was excellent. I have built a rapport with their service center and deal specifically with one service advisor and one mechanic. They know how anal I am and they do the job right the first time. If I do run into a problem, they make it right.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #19

I too had bad luck with CW one in St Augustine Fl poor sales experience high pressure but was fun watching the sale gull start turning red faced and sweat when I told him that I was not ready to buy that day

The other was A CW in Atlanta Ga

We actually signed a contract to buy an Itasca Meridian,then the games began no return calls and when I finally talked to the New Sales mgr who I knew came from the car business and started asking what was going on with the deal, I got everything from your credit is crap ,it is not, to total insults he was a total jerk and had an ego bigger than the RV

That's how you get treated when you try and spend over $200,000,come to find out they had sold the unit for a higher price than what they agreed to

We ended up at Lazy Days in Tampa ,that was one of the best toy buying experiences that I have ever had it was a seamless purchase
Old 05-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #20
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangebird View Post
I too had bad luck with CW one in St Augustine Fl poor sales experience high pressure but was fun watching the sale gull start turning red faced and sweat when I told him that I was not ready to buy that day

The other was A CW in Atlanta Ga

We actually signed a contract to buy an Itasca Meridian,then the games began no return calls and when I finally talked to the New Sales mgr who I knew came from the car business and started asking what was going on with the deal, I got everything from your credit is crap ,it is not, to total insults he was a total jerk and had an ego bigger than the RV

That's how you get treated when you try and spend over $200,000,come to find out they had sold the unit for a higher price than what they agreed to

We also ended up at Lazy Days in Tampa ,that was one of the best toy buying experiences that I have ever had it was a seamless purchase
We ordered late last year and picked-up a new MH the end of Feb. The buying experience was a good one, great price. I found it strange that when our MH arrive and we picked it up, the salesman was pretty much out of the delivery process and never really thanked us for buying from him. It was almost like we were an annoyance.

Now that we are in post delivery, service is a polar opposite experience. I have heard it said that if you are looking for a great price, but don't care about service, Lazy Days is the place to go. We saw some of this while in the waiting room to have our punch list items fixed. Many, many frustrated customers. They were quick to take our money for some post purchase accessories. Now that one has proved to be incorrectly installed, they don't want to return my calls.

Tags
service