Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2016, 02:51 PM   #1

Dash covers

We recently got a dog and suspect that when we are gone from the coach he will jump onto the dash. Thus, time to get a dash cover. In a recent addition of the FMCA magazine, there are two adds: Dash Board Covers by Josie, for 199.95 and Shade Pro for 269.95. Josie says we will need to Velcro the cover if a pet is on it and Shade Pro says rubber backing holds the cover in place. Any input/thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
RJ

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2016, 09:27 PM   #2

I chose Dash Board Covers by Josie. They send you the proper number of peel and stick velcro strips. On a warm day, put the covers in place then lift the edge, clean the dash with alcohol and stick the velcro in place then press the cover down firmly for about a minute. Repeat. It may look wrinkled upon installation, but after a couple of days in the heat from the sun they lay flat and stay in place.

I purchased the gray covers for both my Jeep and Motorhome. There were two versions for my motorhome dash and of course we picked the wrong one. I called their number and the proper one was sent immediately without any problem. Great people to work with.

On some class A motorhomes like mine, you must cut the holes for the defroster vents yourself so they match your unit exactly. It was not hard and complete instructions were provided.

I purchased mine to stop the glare from the slick dash material. The gray covers work perfectly, fit properly and still look nice after 14 months. I will purchase another set if they are ever needed.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:46 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We have had a dash cover from Josie for almost 3 years. I t fits fine but does look like and add on as I suspect they all would. We got it because of the dog but a two big side benefits, it cuts down on glare and things don't slide all over the place. Our dash has a slide out computer draw and the cover came perfectly fitted for that with an extra piece that covers the drawer top so it slides in and out as intended. We did use the velcro to hold down the edges and have no issues. If this cover wears out I would purchase another one. As APhotoWizard stated you do have to cut out for the defroster vents. When you put the screws back in the vents don't over tighten them.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:44 PM   #4

If you intend to allow the new dog on the dashboard, a sturdy cover is a good idea. To keep the dog off, consider using an adjustable width child gate between the driver & passenger seats. We have one and set the width so it presses between the two seats so it fits firmly enough to keep our 76 lb. rescue German Shepherd from getting past and on the dash. MUCH cheaper than the dash covers you mentioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJEV View Post
We recently got a dog and suspect that when we are gone from the coach he will jump onto the dash. Thus, time to get a dash cover. In a recent addition of the FMCA magazine, there are two adds: Dash Board Covers by Josie, for 199.95 and Shade Pro for 269.95. Josie says we will need to Velcro the cover if a pet is on it and Shade Pro says rubber backing holds the cover in place. Any input/thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
RJ
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dash cover by Josie in current and previous coaches. Well made. Good fit. Our cats love it. Recommended.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #6

We have the Shade Pro cover, and are extremely pleased with it. The cover itself is very heavy-duty, and has the rubber backing. There is no velcro required to keep it in place, and the fit for our Discovery is perfect.

We also use a child gate with extensions behind the driver and passenger seat while parked. It keeps the dogs from running outside when we open the door.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a beagle who absolutely loves the front dash. I use a 6 foot piece of thin pile, rubber backed runner carpet that is about $2.50 a foot at Home Depot. We made a pattern with a piece of cardboard and rough cut the runner and trimmed it in place. It is an exact fit, doesn't move and hangs over the front about 2 inches. We take it off and roll it up when we travel. Often put her soft bed on it when we leave her and head out. Couldn't see the value of a more expensive alternative but wife says I am cheap!
bobmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have the Shade Pro...custom made to fit coach. We put it down and it hasn't moved. Works great! It is a little pricey but does work very well.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #9

I purchased my RV Dash Cover from rvdashcovers.com last year. They have a large number of patterns for many RVs and it's easy to order through their website. You just select your RV make, model and year, then the fabric type. Our cover is made of a lightweight carpet material. They cut out areas for dash vents. They were even able to create an indentation for our unusual dash configuration. It is attached with velcro, which works great to hold the cover in place.

We are completely happy with how it turned out and they were so easy to work with. The company is out of Yuma, Arizona, so if you are in the area for the winter and they don't have a pattern it will be easy to get one made for you.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:46 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I have had two dash covers from Shade Pro. Both were a perfect fit and well made. I had another one made by a different manufacturer that was just a one piece cut out cover and it didn't fit well at all. To fit correctly, they have to be seamed and stitched to go over humps and mounds in the dash.
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:51 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Three coaches and three Josie dash covers. Recommended.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:15 AM   #12

In Florida I had Wade RV make a dash mat. Did great. Main
Old 07-12-2017, 10:20 AM   #13

We had 3 dogs when we bought our MH and now have 2. We went the Home depot route as previously described. Fairly easy, very happy with the result and ecstatic at the saved cost
Old 07-12-2017, 04:50 PM   #14

I found a carpet runner at Home Depot that matched the carpet in the MH. We cut a template out of Christmas wrapping paper. Laid the template on the back of the carpet runner and traced the outline with a china marker, keeping the finished edge towards the inside of the coach. Perfect fit and the yorkie loves it. It is not fastened to the dash and very easy to take out a shake. Cost $30.

Tags
dash