Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig P. View Post
Not sure if EternaBond would be the correct fix for your specific roof. I used it on my old Winnie and it worked well, but the two adjoining surfaces were at nearly the same level. If the roof of your Providence is anything like mine, the roof seam falls below the sidewall seam. I don’t think EternaBond would work well in this case, especially around the end caps.

Craig
Hi Craig... if I'm not mistaken he's refering to the use of Eternabond TAPE on the seams and not Eternabond sealant.

rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Hi Craig... if I'm not mistaken he's refering to the use of Eternabond TAPE on the seams and not Eternabond sealant.

rick
Yes, I was talking about the tape. I'm not aware of any Eternabond sealant. Like I said, having never used it, I don't know much about Eternabond. Only what I've read on this site.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
You're right about the 5200. It's used for hull fittings below the waterline. I'm guessing your have either a Winnebago or Itasca.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
That's what I was referring to as well Rick. I'm not on my roof right now, but from what I can remember, there is about a 1/8" drop from the end cap edges to the roof. I could be wrong, but I don't think EternaBond tape would seal properly....too much of a difference in the level of the two surfaces. Make sense? Not sure if I'm explaning it correctly.

I'd go out an snap a photo, but it's raining.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #19

I paid around $100 bucks to have our coach's roof resealed about a year ago. They stripped all the old stuff off, cleaned the areas real good, and re-applied a quality sealant. This was done at every penetration except the 2 ac units. The air horns, two antennas, the sat dome, all the vents, sky light over the shower, ladder mounts, everything. I know this was done because I watched, and it took him all of an hour and 15 minutes to do.

Tell Lazy Days there's a recession going on, then give someone else your business.
Snowman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote