Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #15

Horrible service, unknowlegeable sales people. They will make a mess of your rig. Take it to camping world. I would not recommend Demontrond for servicing or purchase.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGott View Post
As a matter of fact I've talk to the corporate office and the service center in Oregon. From what they have told me.........since they are no longer Monaco anymore, the new company that took them over or bought them out which is Navistar, has not spent the time or money to see that the dealers/repair centers meet Monaco's old expectations for quality service. He said that they used to send someone unannounced to a location and audit them on their performance and how they handled business. The new company (Navistar) has not gotten there yet. I still filled them in on DeMontrond and he did appreciate that and said he would pass it on. I don't know what that means, probably nothing.

Just to bring you up to date, Navistar sold Monaco to Allied Recreational Group. It's hard to keep up! I think Navistar only had the RV business for 3 years (2011-2013).

Old 06-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounddog99 View Post
Horrible service, unknowlegeable sales people. They will make a mess of your rig. Take it to camping world. I would not recommend Demontrond for servicing or purchase.
Camping World, your joking right?
Old 06-19-2015, 06:15 PM   #18
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Going back and reading this thread my vote is for Dues Camping Center in Dickinson, TX. Small but good people and good service. (so far)

I would not take my MH that I purchased at Holiday World (South), nor to DeMontrond for service anymore.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #19

That story Sarah posted....WOW!

Geeze..y'all give me the warm an fuzzy's for buying used and doing most of my own upkeep & repair.................
Old 06-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Years ago, couple rigs prior, went to Demontrond for some misc. stuff that was covered under warranty. Actually sat there, in the shop area for the day and waited for them to make the repairs. After watching the repair guy work, knew straight away, the guy had no idea what he was doing. Would never use them for anything.

On the flip side, this shop is really good Iron Horse RV
They did a bunch of work on my previous MH. Same deal as before, actually sat there in the shop and watched these guys work. All of their mechanics worked diligenty and you could tell by the way they worked they were craftsman who knew their trade. The owner was a good guy as well. Might be a bit of a drive for some of you Houston people, but might be worth it in the long run.

Also, Ironhose was not a factory authorized repair center for my previous rig, but was able to get them approved for all the repair work, they billed Thor directly after they were complete. Took a phone call and some emails back and forth get everything approved, but was pretty painless.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #21

BE VERY LEERY OF THIS DEALER Demontrond 14101 NORTH FREEWAY HOUSTON TEXAS 77090
This deal started on 9/15/2015 as my sales man he told me the RV was like new. That it would be clean and have new tires on it when we got there on 10/07/ 2015. We were also told are we had to buy an extended warranty Finance department through Good Sam’s, well the warranty is not through Good Sam’s ( check yours out ) and the warranty does not cover anything so I paid $7920 for nothing & The dealer keeps half the money. I paid $4500 for tires that cost them $1000, Plus $4882.50 for plates and tabs and title transfer fee’s and taxes, to this day I still don’t have it in full no title that’s over 70 days. I also paid $800 to have the RV prepped and ready for me to pick up on 10/07/ 2015 that was not done either. That night when we went to go to sleep, here we find cockroaches and bugs a bloody sheet a bloody pillow in the bed none of the TV’s worked, the CD player doesn’t work, and this is the start of our vacation. To put the icing on the cake I did a car fax on this and it came that the mileage was turned back. So the reason that I’m sending this letter is I want my money back and I want you to come pick this RV up I’m done dealing with this.
ANYONE NOT BLEAVING THIS I WILL SEND YOU ALL THE PICTURES & RECPIPTS
Old 01-10-2016, 07:00 AM   #22

I really don't know how to put it,but dang they saw you coming. Did you not know what you were buying and do a extensive pre check before signing?
Old 01-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Just as an FYI, last April I had a horrible experience at Iron Horse in San Antonio. I would never recommend them or go back for service. Very sloppy and careless work.

I would highly recommend National Indoor RV Center near Dallas. This a wonderful place for service. I will have no hesitation to go out of my way to go back here for service.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:48 AM   #24

DeMontrond posts

Guys, please follow up with posting your experience on RVservice reviews.com about DeMontrond to let people know about their lack of RV knowledge and just not caring about your RV. Let's get this message out there to everyone. It's been several years since my horrible experience with DeMontrond and reading these new posts of DeMontrond's service tech's and management still disrespecting customers and their motorhomes makes my blood boil again. Thanks.....
Old 01-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
Just as an FYI, last April I had a horrible experience at Iron Horse in San Antonio. I would never recommend them or go back for service. Very sloppy and careless work.

I would highly recommend National Indoor RV Center near Dallas. This a wonderful place for service. I will have no hesitation to go out of my way to go back here for service.
X2 National Indoor RV is top notch.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #26

We have not bought any vehicle from any dealer but we have spent too much money buying things so we can make some comment...

Did you touch and examine be for you signed?

Tony 's law states last guy was an idiot that worked on whatever I am going to work on so I cannot trust anything told until verified.

Here they state I have set of 4k tires I check first.

Granted they can make a buck but the should have wholesale agreements so out the door price should be darn close to anyplace along the road.

If inside did not look perfect as sold then complain.

Warranties are insurance and are dependent on contract and dealer sells what makes THEM the most not what is best for you.

Unless time has run out call the consumer protection agency in the state purchased as well as your state if different and twist their arm a bit as often they are not aggressive but if they can help they will.

Have all of your documents already scanned into PDF as well as hard copy in front of you with your computer on so you can email them while on the phone.

Dmv in state of sale may help as well.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:20 AM   #27

PMSO, welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear about your bad deal. I would suggest you call the State Attorney Generals consumer division and speak with someone there too. They may be able to offer some assistance or advice. Most states have pretty active Consumer Affairs Divisions in the AG office.

Good luck and I hope you can find resolution.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #28

WOW!!!

I have shopped there, but never purchased. Glad I did not, now.

I have used Channelview Supply for warranty work and had them install the brake controller on my truck, and they seem like good people, do good work, and don't take a long time to complete the job. And all my belongings were still in there when I got it back.

Not sure if they are "factory authorized" for your model, but never hurts to call and ask.

They are on I-10 first exit outside Beltway 8 on the east side. Dell Dale exit.

They also have a great selection of parts and supplies.