Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #1

DeMontrond RV Service--- Rating is poorest of the poor

I would like to say that my experience with DeMontrond RV has got to be the worst experience in my life and I will pass this on to everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DO NOT TAKE YOUR MOTORHOME THERE FOR SERVICE OR REPAIR!!!!!!
I only took it there because MONACO said that Demontrond was a certified repair center. So, believing that..... I took my Monaco Signature all the way up there for the supposed quality and service you would expect from a certified/registered repair technician and service center. From Galveston, it is 120 miles round trip. The repair center constantly lied about work being done and completed and after driving up to the center on 3 different occasions to pick up my bus, it turns out that the bus was not ready and I had to turn around and drive all the way back home. They had my bus for a total of 112 days (almost 4 months) and disrespected my motorhome and me by scratching the paint in more than a dozen locations on the bus, driving the bus with no air in the air bags, dragging my hitch into the concrete and running the tires on the frame work and chassis, not laying down protective plastic or cardboard on top of the carpet and floor, leaving dirt, grease and mud on floor carpet that won't come out. Jury rigging items just to make them work instead of putting them back as designed and in original state and the list goes on.......
After several run in's, I asked to see verification of these supposed expert technichians Monaco training and certification placks because it was clear that they did not know what the hell they were doing and no one could produce any. I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the message. Take it from me, this was the worst service experience of my life !!!!!!! You have been warned !!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Please do everyone a favor and post your experience HERE as well.

Thanks,

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry for your unfortunate experience. You may want to post a review at RV Service Reviews so other may be made aware of your experience.
RV Service Reviews
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #4

Be interesting to hear how/why Monaco referred you to them, and if they still do? Have you talked to them regarding that?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There is a DeMontrond in Texas City on the Gulf Freeway. I don't know why they wanted you to go all the way to Houston.

However, I would not use the one in TC either. Just saying!

Other's in the area have complained previously.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
My sister and her husband took their new Monaco to them and had the same experience.
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #7

Anyone made formal complaints to Monaco
Old 02-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is this kind of experience that lead me to use the factory service centers. I have had excellent experiences with Monaco ( working on my Holiday Rambler Vacationer, and last year with Newmar
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #9

As a matter of fact I've talk to the corporate office and the service center in Oregon. From what they have told me.........since they are no longer Monaco anymore, the new company that took them over or bought them out which is Navistar, has not spent the time or money to see that the dealers/repair centers meet Monaco's old expectations for quality service. He said that they used to send someone unannounced to a location and audit them on their performance and how they handled business. The new company (Navistar) has not gotten there yet. I still filled them in on DeMontrond and he did appreciate that and said he would pass it on. I don't know what that means, probably nothing.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ugh...what a shame. I live in the Houston area and I have heard several similar stories about DeMontrond. One poster on this forum had a similar story, but included that someone had been LIVING in his motorhome while it was there being repaired. Pitiful.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #11

Monaco repairs

When I had a Safari a few years Monaco sent me to Iron Horse in San Antonio. Very good service. I have used them several times.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I found the previous post about DeMontrond...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudtheDiplomat View Post
I thought my salesman was terrific and honest. I was very well treated throughout the sales process. The prep was thorough and my coach was sparkling clean when I picked it up. The In-Motion Satellite was registered and ready for use.

The fuel tank was almost empty (I would have expected a little more fuel). That was the only down-side of the entire sales event.

I have to say, my wife and I keep immaculate care of this coach. You could almost eat from the floor (and my grand baby has)! This coach was as expensive as our house and it was (and still is) our first Class A DP.

A year later after purchase, I was prepping for a trip and decided to get the generator serviced and the engine oil and transmission fluid changed. Also, I needed two cracked floor tiles replaced. I had 6 tiles from the original sale.

In a call to Demontrond North, they were pretty full up and suggested that I take the coach to Demontrond South, which was actually closer to me. I didn't think of the South because they don't sell Monaco coaches.

Monaco had announced that they were going bankrupt. The service rep said that he was going to order the tiles from Monaco while they still had them - and it made sense to me. Warranty would pay for the tiles and I would still have my 6 tiles for the future.

One month of delay turned into another and we were bumping up against the time I was leaving on our trip. They had not even serviced the Gen Set. I told them I was pulling the coach out and taking it somewhere else. That's when I found that my coach was somebody's living quarters.

I suspect this person "moves" from one coach to another that is being serviced, and if you think about it, the service department had to know and allow it - after all, they keep the keys!. Maybe it was/is a service tech, who knows.

My coach was filthy throughout the coach, front to back. My supplies, like hand towels and soap, were used up. All of my paper plates, cups, etc. were either used up or almost all used. My cloth shower towels were damp, moldy, and thrown in a corner. The shower was nasty with soap and black streaks on the walls and floor. The shower door was off track. The sink was dirty with my used-up shaving cream. (I threw mine and my wife's toothbrushes away just for safety's sake, as I did with the hair brushes and disposable razors.)

There was trash and liquor bottles discarded beneath the couch. My new (and irreplaceable) bedspread was soiled from some sort of liquid spill and ruined. The carpet throughout the coach had black nasty footprints. The rear sliding mirrored closet door was off track and the latch was broken.

If you search my posts, you'll see that I tried, and failed, to find an identical bedspread.

My full propane tank was almost empty.

And, of course, the tiles weren't replaced. Now I had 5 cracked tiles, not 2. Some of the grout had been removed, and the adjoining tiles were scored and damaged (chipped).

I took pictures and sent copies and a certified letter to the Service Department manager, copied to the D. North Service Department manager, and the General Manager of Demontrond North. When I received no answer, I called all the way to the General Manager. They denied that it happened and refused to take any action at all. I wasn't asking for replacement. I wanted an apology! Well, I would still like an identical bedspread. I liked the original one.

And, as I mentioned in another post, my Garmin 880, iPhone headsets, and some other small stuff was missing...a headset flashlight, a small handheld flashlight, some fuses, a little electrical kit with electrical connectors, a tester, etc. I liked that Garmin. I had lifetime map updates that I had paid for.

All in all, a learning experience for me. Now we even clean our cars out completely (and I mean completely) if we are turning them in to the respective dealerships.

When I turn my coach in, it is as empty as if it was brand new. I don't even leave paper towels. I even take the TV remotes.

I feel like my coach is safer parked in unattended storage than in a service bay.

Next year we plan to "upgrade" our coach to a tag axle something. What do you think are the chances that this dealership will get my business?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #13

I have used Holiday World in League City, Nice Folks, seem to take care of me, at least they answer all my stupid questions . Probably should not have said that, next time I will be [moderator edit] !!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Den View Post
I have used Holiday World in League City, Nice Folks, seem to take care of me, at least they answer all my stupid questions . Probably should not have said that, next time I will be [moderator edit] !!
I don't believe Holiday World is a Monaco Certified Repair Center, but I agree that they do have pretty good service from our limited experience.