Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpp8284 View Post
I like the convenience of the Pilot/Flying J truck stops and the comfort about the quality of the fuel.

I signed up for the Pilot charge card. The fuel is paid directly from my checking account and I get the CASH price plus a $.05 discount. Overall about $.11 less than the credit price.

So far it's worth it to me.
X2
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
HEB in TX with their gift card is pump-$0.12. Bought the gift card with AmEx - 1% last fil of D $3.64 and they sell a bunch of fuel so it is always fresh.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Yes the costco card works at truck stops and it works for diesel. I have personally talked with AMEX to confirm. Dick
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #32

iRV2 No Limits Club
We ended up with a very bad tank of gas in Nebraska this summer, my bet it was E85 or watered gas sold as premium. Buying from Flying J et.el was reasonably assured that would not happen.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #33

I use a Marathon Oil credit card that pays me a 25 cent rebate on each gallon of gas or diesel purchased at one of their stations if I charge $1000 per month on their credit card; the rebate is 5 cents if you charge less than $500 per month and 15 cents if you charge between $500 and $999 per month.
I use the Marathon card for everything and pay the entire bill monthly costing me nothing in interest charges. I did this with a Shell credit card for several years until they severely limited the rebate; that's when I switched to Marathon.

Marathon is based in Ohio and has stations throughout the midwest and the south.

Marathon Visa Card

Marathon - Store Locator

2012 Thor Freedom Elite 28Z
Muncie_6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #34
TGR

When I had my diesel pick-up I would fill up at truck stops most of the time, and only at gas stations I knew sold a lot of diesel. When I was pulling the fifth wheel on vacation - only filled at truck stops.
Saving a few pennies is not worth the risk of a bad tank of fuel while on vacation.
TGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #35

One bad tank of fuel convinced me that the extra few cents is not worth the hassle of bad fuel.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherTodd View Post
my understanding is when the price swings up/down rapidly... like recently.
The highway stations move alot more product so their prices will be closer to current market than a station that buys once/twice a month.

On a recent trip I used the gasbuddy app to get a $.30/gal discount in the Atl area.
X2 on the gasbuddy app. It works for me as well. I added a extra 50 gallon tank and top off when its cheaper where ever that may be.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote