Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
OK, what programming are you referring to that is not on DirecTV's sat 101 besides Spanish and HDTV???

Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #16

I've had Direct TV for years also. One feature they have that many people dont know is a East Coast-West Coast network selection of NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox. It is the 4 stations out of NYC and 4 out of LA. Therefore I dont get any other lcoal stations (of course I'm from Calif and prefer the LA stations anyway but getting the NYC network stations allows me to view all the network programming 3 hours earlier than I would from the West Coast network stations). This is part of Direct TV's mobile/trucker package and only costs about $4.00 for West and $4.00 for East. This way I dont need local stations any other place.

'05 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4WD, Aluminator, Brake Buddy
Jim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:45 PM   #17
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have used Direct for last 4 years. Untill this year we moved the receiver from home to R/V when we traveled. We are happy with direct.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #18

Follow Up:

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it, Have made up my mind (with wife's insistence) and have switched to Direct with DVR.
Had it installed this PM. looks good so far, have extra receiver to bring in MH. when we travel.

The wife is happy with the programing, especially Lifetime & LMN., when she's happy everyone is happy!!!

Thanks Again!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
How do you TIVO one channel while watching another in the coach??? Do you have 2 downleads coming from the roof??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, my KVH L3 on my Suncruiser was a dual LNB dome so it had two coax lines going to the dual channel TIVO DVR receiver. The KingDome on my Bus only has one coax line coming from the roof and it handles everything, including 12 volt power, and control signals as well as data. Once it gets inside the main module breaks it out to 12 volt power, the remote control, and dual coax lines with the SATV feeds on them. I ran mine to a 2x4 multiswitch so we can run a second DVR in the bedroom (with two coax runs to it also). Technically we could watch two different shows on the two sets plus record a third and fourth show at the same time. You'd have to be pretty wrapped up into TV watching though for that to happen.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:56 AM   #20
PDB

Hey, Jim D!
I've had Dish Network since 1996 and have had the East/West option all this time.
Anyone that files an RV waiver form is eligible for it. Used to be that anyone could have it, but the cable lobbyists got Congress to outlaw it except by RV waiver exception, or if you lived someplace where you couldn't view any local channels.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:41 AM   #21

Cruzer,

This may be stretching this topic a bit, but how did you route the extra coax to the rear of the coach, ceiling, underneath, etc?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by retired and happy:
Cruzer,

This may be stretching this topic a bit, but how did you route the extra coax to the rear of the coach, ceiling, underneath, etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was real easy. I planned ahead and my dealer called and asked Bob Tiffin if they would do that for me when I placed my order. He said "sure, and no charge" to that and a few other "extras". Sorry, but unfortunately that's not going to help you too much, though.

However, later on I did run a few cables, cat5, and other "stuff" from the front to the rear. I went inside the frame rails with wire loom and brought it underneath, and then up into that area. The only way to get through the ceiling once it's built is to fish it through the A/C ducts and I didn't want that rattling around in there. I tried to fish a 2nd coax to the DVR up front from my KVH L3 that I installed on my Suncruiser and that wasn't easy. I tried to fish through the ceiling styrofoam by removing the fluorescent lights but there was a solid roof truss every two feet or so that I couldn't get through. I had to run it over the top till I got farther forward and could go through the roof beyond any trusses. I tried using the existing coax as a pull wire but it was fastened to the truss and wouldn't tug free. Under the coach is your best bet.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:36 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
i just got direct tv for my rig and i pay as we use its a good deal we are not full time yet, we used it a couple of days at a state campground works great,
sal avitabile

ps they also gave me a portable dish and extra cable, we have a dish built into the roof

2005 34f bounder
2006 vue toad