Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #15

Tom N, I beg to differ with you--PBS stands for Public Broadcasting Station. It is paid for and sponsered by OUR tax dollars. As for CW, it is available as a secondary broadcast on many local station HD broadcasts. So where do they come off restricting something that is free on HD stations.
Route 66, Guess I just have to keep trying.
Still believe Directv is the better option, all things considered.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:33 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I have listened to both sides. I have heard from Dish, and Direct TV. All I can say that Direct is throwing twice as many birds up their for current and future programming. Allot of it is the HDTV situation. I will be staying with Direct, have had it for 5 years and I am happy with it. Unfortunatly I dont think you will be able to use a in-motion with Direct in the near future as they shift programming to the other band.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all the info. Now I will see what offers I can get from Direct/ ish at the RV show in Jan.
Living the Dream------ Largo, Fl.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #18

One other thought. If you can buy your equipment, you may be better off. I know from experience that Dish gives you a royal hassle if you try to cancel, and they want their leased equipment back before you are truly canceled, which can and does lead to all sorts of issues. I think Direct TV leases their equipment also.
Watch out for the "generous" set-up offers for new customers.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #19

We recently signed up with Direct Tv. While they are slightly more expensive I consider the picture quality and content superior. So far I have not had any ill experiences with their customer service centers. If HD content is important to you I would suggest Direct tv as well. They are launching new satellites to carry the new programming and have recently added numerous channels.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #20

I have had bouth and as soon as I can I will be going back to Dish. Direct we can't watch it if it rains and not to hard or just stops and mabe it will come back on and may be not.some times it won't in the motor home.at home can't whate to get rid of.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Billys Toy:
I have had bouth and as soon as I can I will be going back to Dish. Direct we can't watch it if it rains and not to hard or just stops and mabe it will come back on and may be not.some times it won't in the motor home.at home can't whate to get rid of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that a function of which type of dome or antenna you have rather than if it's Dish or Direct TV?
Old 12-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Isn't that a function of which type of dome or antenna you have rather than if it's Dish or Direct TV? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a dome/rain issue?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #23

I have no problems with my Direct TV and the "dish" either top mounted or the pole one we carry in the RV.

In my daily home in fact during the hurricane of 2005 I think it was, we had the generator running the house and was able to get DirecTV the whole time without one blip from them.

I have had both DISH and Direct..however, being an MLB Fan, you can now only purchase the MLB package as of this year with Direct, DISH no longer has the "right" to it. Couple that with good reception at all times for us, makes us stay with Direct even if they are a few more dollars per month.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:28 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have Direct, love it and have had no problems with signal. Normally get in the 88-94% signal on transponders.

bestl
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #25

Is it better to own your own gear? I noticed that Camping World is selling Direct TV receivers for about $200. I would like to activate service during spring summer and fall and cancel it for about 4-5 mos a year. Does anyone do this? is it possible?

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #26

I suspend my DirecTV service from December 1st to March 1st each year while the coach is hibernating. I think they allow no more than 6 months suspension per year, but only 2 or so suspensions per year as well.

I own my own equipment.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:56 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Best Buy and Circuit City will sell the high definition (HD) Direct TV receivers for $100 each. The H-20 has an input for "off air" where as the H-21 does not. They incur a 2 years commitment to Direct TV. As a new customer, or an old one that has past the 2 years mark on previous equipment, you can get these receivers shipped to you free of charge .