Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-09-2016, 04:23 PM   #1
Do I need both

New at at RVing and thinking of Buying the Blue Ox Truecenter for the front end of our new Fleetwood Bounder. Do I also need the rear track bars and sway bars that BlueOx has available. Not quite sure If need both the rear bars.

Len791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #2
If you think you want the True Center then buy it. See how the motorhome drives then see if you need the rear bars.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
Guess the missing piece of info is what problem are you trying to fix? My experience with 4 coaches is that once you get it weighed, tire pressure adjusted properly, and an alignment while fully loaded none of those add-ons are required.

Just my $0.02
2016 Fleetwood Flair 29T
j.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:28 PM   #4
My $.02 worth is like j.smith, the sway bars set in the stiff positions are good enough. Get your weight & set tire pressure, then , in my opinion, a good alignment, with 3* of caster and 1/32 or less total toe. Drive it and if it feels like the rear end swings around, add a rear track bar later. Heavy winds will always push a big square box around a bit, but lite to moderate wind and trucks won't be noticed.(
2015 Itasca Sunstar 36Y w/2012 CRV toad
alank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:13 AM   #5
Thank you for the advise. I understand about doing the alignment (although our RV is new,does it still need it) weight in and tire pressure which I will do. But when you give reference to setting the sway bars, are you referencing the sway bars already install for the manufacture?. And do you recommend the front TrueCenter install.
Len791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:29 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Len791 View Post
Thank you for the advise. I understand about doing the alignment (although our RV is new,does it still need it) weight in and tire pressure which I will do. But when you give reference to setting the sway bars, are you referencing the sway bars already install for the manufacture?. And do you recommend the front TrueCenter install.
When you say New, I will assume 2016 or 2017 Bounder

Steering stabilizer is very personal decision, but you will find many that recommend it if nothing more than an added safety factor in a front tire blow out (which hopefully you never experience) I have the roadmaster on my bounder and think it improved road tracking but other wise it was purchased more as a safety extra for my bounder.

As far as the sway bars, I installed front and rear roadmaster on my coach, I think if you are considering this then read the thread: Cheap Handling Fix
I would do the CHF on stock sway bars then drive t and see if you then need a rear Trac bar or want SUMO's added. As the previous posters stated--- Alignment, Weight balance, Tire pressure, then CHF (front and rear), then see if you want a trac bar or SUMO add on. JMHO

Good luck !!!
Fleetwood Bounder 35K 2016, Ford V-10, F53(2015 chassis),RayZor HD, Wineguard Dish SAT, Roadmaster -- steering Stabilizer, Front & rear Sway Bars, SCT 5 Star tuner, Tireminder TM66 TPMS, Banks Ram Air intake, EZE Tow Dolly
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:38 AM   #7
We are glad we did both.

We are new to RVing also with a new-to-us 2004 Winnebago Brave 32V. My husband flew to Maryland (after an inspection and initial service) to drive it back to NJ where we live. He immediately put on rear sway bars and the TruCenter. Only afterwards did he tell me that he knew that I would have freaked trying to drive it before they were installed as being passed by trucks was not a pleasant experience. Before it was swaying and scary. Now it drives like a car and we barely notice when passed by semis. Maybe we are just wimps but I'm glad we installed them.
Sandi, Tom & Sammie
2004 Winnebago Brave 32V
2005 Honda CRV AWD
RevSM100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:42 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After updating the alignment and tire pressure for actual loading, my personal choice would be to add the track bar and then wait & see. Track bars take most of the wander out of leaf spring suspensions

I'm not anti-TruCenter, but it's $1000 plus installation and [in my opinion] seldom really needed.

You can throw a ton of money at what is basically a truck spring suspension and it ain't ever gonna ride & handle like a Caddy. Or even a Honda. Don't fix things until you are sure they are broken.

Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote