Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
The best thing about huge shows is having the ability to walk thru lots of different rigs to find the one you like. Then you figure out how much NADA is and what the list price is and negotiate from there.

Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2013, 03:26 AM   #16
remember in just about everything in life you get what you negotiate , not what you deserve.

tguid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #17
We were able to get the show sale price at the dealer a month later but salesman remembered us from the show. The show list price was not marked up based on every other price I could compare to. I also took the show price to 2 other dealers on the same rig and neither could match the show price, one wanted nearly $8k more. I agree the show puts the dealer in more competition for your business. Bring a smartphone, realtime research is pricele$$.
GuidoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #18
Shows are a good way to see a lot of different brands and models in a short time. As others have mentioned, your research is the key to the best deal. We were looking at a model at a show and were ready to purchase when we found a similar model that dealer had at another site that was a little less. After more research and negotiating, we closed a week or so after the show on the unit that was not on display at the show.
2007 Dutch Star 4320
2010 Mazda Miata 6 speed
Roadmaster tow
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #19
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by vraines View Post
Shows are a good way to see a lot of different brands and models in a short time.
XXX2! Sure beats driving to all the different dealerships! Not all models are at our Spokane RV show in January, but a good number of them are including some used ones the Dealers park outside. It's a good way to compare and explorer floor plans and options that you are looking for. And, after the show dealers advertise that the RV show prices are still good anyway. Take your time and have fun! Dealers are always ready to negotiate.
02 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, 330 Cat pulling a 2006 diesel Liberty..or..2011 4dr Wrangler..or..20' Lund Salmon/Halibut Hunter
csrrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
1. The show prices are not necessarily usually the best. Although, as vraines stated, it's a great place to see many different mfr's & models & you'll get at least an idea of pricing.
2. The show units endure a LOT of wear & tear with all the foot traffic. People pushing buttons, turning knobs, opening/closing doors & drawers, kids jumping on the furniture, sticky fingers touching all surfaces...etc. It was never confirmed, but at a GS rally we attended once, I heard some kid couldn't hold it anymore & used the toilet in one of the coaches on display. I know they thoroughly go over these units before turning them over to their new owners, but you couldn't pay me enough to take a show unit.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #21
There does not seem to be a bottom. I start negiotiating at 35% off sticker. REMEMBER: YOU CAN ALWAYS GO UP BUT ITS HARD TO COME DOWN.
Garnett & Dolores Lee
2004 MADP 4301 / Spartan
olddog1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can always do better than the "Show Special".

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #23
I agree with Garnett, You should be able to negotiate around 70% of MSRP.
John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I may be wrong, but I think it depends on whether you buy an RV off the show floor or if you have the dealer to special order one from the factory. When I special ordered a Cedar Creek 5th wheel at the 2002 Atlanta RV Show the dealer had a factory rep there that worked with me to make all the changes I requested. I believe she told me that the factories give extra discounts to the dealers on any units that are special ordered at the show. Whether that's true or not, I can't say.

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote