Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The only thing I might regret is starting out with a 40 footer. This is only because I am amazed how much stuff they cn fit in the new 32-35 rooters. Once we get out FT, I suspect I will appreciate all the storage room.

40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I came late to the game too. Spent 20+ years on the road for work. Can't believe I wasn't smart enough back then to have bought a MH. The per diem from the company would have easily paid for it.

I have no regrets. Love being in the MH. Had to go to a meeting in CT a couple weeks ago. Drove the car and was disappointed the whole;e trip there and back that I didn't have the MH with me.

I get frustrated on occasion when I have to fix something but don't know what it is I have to fix. Once I figure out the issue and start in on it all the frustration is gone.

US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #17
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I try to only worry about the things in my control. I have learned, over the years, that things out of my control will happen whether I stress over them or not. One of the biggest challenges is deciding which things go in the first category or the second.

(For me at least,) that's still a work in progress.

Be happy that you have an RV. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD, Cummins ISL 400, Allison 3000, Progressive EMS, Aventa II, Air Force One, Tire Safeguard TPMS, Blue Ox Tru Center (maybe), Lotsa LEDs
mrschwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:39 AM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My advice to you is get in that MH and take off.
Really gave it some thought yesterday.....

As I said I do enjoy all of ours travels, but it's those little nagging moments and especially the day before Christmas!

One thing I regret as well is not being able to do this when our kids were younger, but then we did other things as well that were just as memorable.

Merry Christmas
Going down that long lonesome highway,Bound for the mountains and the plains
Michael Parks / Then Came Bronson - 1969
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #19
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by wardy View Post
I just regret when it's sitting unused....
Me too. I regret that I cannot use mine more than I do. Retirement is only 15 years away! Maybe I'll have the bugs worked out by then.
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If I would have bought used instead of new I would have more money to travel in it. That's my only regret as far as the motorhome goes.

Mark & Carole RVM54
What a long strange trip it's been
2002 Fourwinds 5000 26Q 496 ci. Chevy towing 2004 Jeep Wrangler,2016 Starcraft AR One 18', 2016 F-150
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #21
There are many decisions I've made in my life that I regret. One being the last RV I purchased before my current one. But no regrets in choosing an RV to spend time in.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #22
Vintage RV Owners Club
While there have been many trials with our MH, both past and present, I don't regret it at all, seeing as it is what enabled my wife and I to finally return to school.
1992 Dutchmen 30FK
2 adults who don't know they are adults, 3 furry feline children
SyrenSkywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #23
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar
Had an RV since 1974. Kids were small and continue to enjoy camping. The only regret is having to put it in the shed after enjoying some travel.
2008 Jeep Sahara '4Dr"
Ronnie Bledsoe
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #24
National RV Owners Club
No regrets.
2008 National Pacifica 40D + 2007 Odyssey & 2 Segways
FMCA #F415856 & Thousand Trails Elite
Right, left, straight, or stay....decision of the day
sfrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sometimes I regret having RV when I make the payment, but can you put a price on awesome memories?
2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Full time in 2013
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #26
Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I regret not currently having the funds to finish the rebuild of mine and to head out on a shake down trip. Soon hopefully though!
1979 "Vintage" Pace Arrow 28 Ft,
Ragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #27
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Originally Posted by RovinOn
As much as I enjoy my MH there are days I hate it,and mostly it's not its fault!
Seems back in the fall I experienced a cracked windshield, the insurance company sent me to a place which cannot handle motorhomes my size. My fault in taking it there but I did which lead to a minor accident. Now the MH went into the RV body shop for $3800. worth of tail end body work, this started before Thanksgiving. Last friday I recieved the call from the RV place and my coach was ready to go. I posted elsewhere about the outstanding job they did and that really made my day. This little accident really shall I say to be polite flipped me out! I'm really surprised I didn't go into vapor lock!.
So now this morning the DW and I go and pick up the coach and take it up to the garage I rent. Now earlier this fall we informed the owner that there were trees that needed to be trimmed and that one should be removed to make entrance to the garage easier. Well guess what,,, nothing was done! Now I go to drive around the one untrimmed tree and my left duals sink into the grass and start to spin which now kicks up mud all over the recently cleaned coach,,,,blood pressure is now rising since I now cannot put the coach away and the owner is not home. I'm also glad I didn't get stuck and need a towing service.
Thr coach now goes home for a quick rinse down and since I no longer have a garage it has to go to a local storge yard which I don't care for. This has now just wasted my last shopping day before Christmas. Messed up the wifes shedule as well.
We just got back from parking in my temporary spot for the holiday. Have not called the garage owner since I'd like to stay civil for Christmas Eve.
It's amazing that you just can't take and leave a 38' motorhome where you please!
This is why today I hate the coach!

Merry Christmas One and All!
Best Wishes for the Holidays

The important thing to remember is No Lives Were Lost! It makes it a little easier to not sweat the small stuff.
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #28
Monaco Owners Club
2 years full-time in the rig and no regrets at all. Best thing we ever did!

12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote