Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do You Ever Regret Buying Your Motorhome?

As much as I enjoy my MH there are days I hate it,and mostly it's not its fault!
Seems back in the fall I experienced a cracked windshield, the insurance company sent me to a place which cannot handle motorhomes my size. My fault in taking it there but I did which lead to a minor accident. Now the MH went into the RV body shop for $3800. worth of tail end body work, this started before Thanksgiving. Last friday I recieved the call from the RV place and my coach was ready to go. I posted elsewhere about the outstanding job they did and that really made my day. This little accident really shall I say to be polite flipped me out! I'm really surprised I didn't go into vapor lock!.
So now this morning the DW and I go and pick up the coach and take it up to the garage I rent. Now earlier this fall we informed the owner that there were trees that needed to be trimmed and that one should be removed to make entrance to the garage easier. Well guess what,,, nothing was done! Now I go to drive around the one untrimmed tree and my left duals sink into the grass and start to spin which now kicks up mud all over the recently cleaned coach,,,,blood pressure is now rising since I now cannot put the coach away and the owner is not home. I'm also glad I didn't get stuck and need a towing service.
Thr coach now goes home for a quick rinse down and since I no longer have a garage it has to go to a local storge yard which I don't care for. This has now just wasted my last shopping day before Christmas. Messed up the wifes shedule as well.
We just got back from parking in my temporary spot for the holiday. Have not called the garage owner since I'd like to stay civil for Christmas Eve.
It's amazing that you just can't take and leave a 38' motorhome where you please!
This is why today I hate the coach!

Merry Christmas One and All!
Best Wishes for the Holidays

RovinOn
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Take a deep breath, you will get over it and spring is coming!!
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #3

New Horizons Owners Club
I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. I especially regret your mental discomfort. We have lived in an RV for the last 6 years and have had a few problems, but we don't regret even a day of it. We have seen sights that were so beautiful they bring tears to one's eyes. We have interacted with bears, deer, moose, golden and bald eagles, rain deer, musk ox, and alligators. We have seen babies; bison, burros, raccoons, rabbits, foxes, even watched an elk fawn being born about 100 feet from our rig in Jasper National Park, Jasper, Alberta.

We have seen sea lions, whales, otters, icebergs, and a Coast Guard Cuter going flat out. We have dipped our feet in the Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, The Great Lakes, The Arctic Ocean, The Beaufort Sea. and the Pacific Ocean.

We now have friends from Washington to Florida and from Maine to California.

My advice to you is get in that MH and take off. Go very slowly and take a lot of pictures. When in an RV park sit close to the road next to your rig and meet the wonderful folks who live the RV life style. They are the greatest people in the world.

No we don't regret even an hour of our trip, not even a minute.
chaunclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #4

That is a good reply. The wife and I are workampers and we agree we have seen some really nice scenery. We are presently in the Houston area and it has poured since 7 AM, we are surrounded by water, and yet because of the holiday and most all gone we are going out in the rain to talk to the people coming in. Life is grand and we wouldn't change anything.
mundyecoco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #5

I do regret.....

Not purchasing it sooner I love my rig, p/o's me at times but I still love her
Tsronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
DITTO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsronco View Post
I do regret.....

Not purchasing it sooner I love my rig, p/o's me at times but I still love her
Great minds work alike! I too have regrets, that we didn't have one thirty years ago.

Picture: The way to spend Christmas Eve, with pot roast in the oven, DW reading beside me, friends in their TT next door, the lake 30' away, roasted peanuts, Jack Honey on ice, iRV2 online!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4480.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	563.9 KB
ID:	16580  
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #7

My only regret is also not having had RV's sooner...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I just regret when it's sitting unused....
Old 12-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
I wish I had one when the kids were small. They would have loved it. They are out on their own now and go every chance they get. They often follow us on trips near home. We don't socialize as much as we should though.
173dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The only times I regret buying a motor home is when I pay for the registration and the insurance.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
No regrets, it's parked right on the side of the house. My man cave!
Just came in from the cave.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
No regrets. We made the lifestyle choice in 1978 and never looked back. I'd have more $s in the bank without the coaches, but I sleep really well at night knowing what we've done for our kids and the Gkids. Oh, and me.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No regrets. It has been a nice hobby and like Goldwinger2 said - it's my man cave. I was out there wrapping Christmas gifts earlier today. It does help keeping it in the driveway. I had an airplane that was 15 min away and I only visited it once a week. The RV in the driveway gets visited almost every day.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 on the christmas wrapping kids have been bumbed since thanksgiving they have not been allowed inside. Mine is always plugged up so we even keep extra milk in the fridge along with the small boxes of stuff from Sam's. Nothing better than 10lbs of animal crackers to watch movies with. Matter of fact got to go back and finish wrapping
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome