Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
When you put on larger mud flaps behind your dually's ......

You have to be careful when you back up so you don't push the flap against the tire. The rear tires will grab the the flap and run over it, ripping it away from the mounting bolts. Backing into a low curb, backing into a small depression.

I've torn mine off twice. Fortunately, they can be screwed back on, even though the holes become slots where they ripped open.

I bought a full size truck mud flap for just $7 or $8 at a Freightliner shop. Cut them exactly in half, and mount the nice chrome plate at the bottom.
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
UltraGuard solid rubber flaps all the way across the rear of the Motorhome will solve your problem for good.
...more likely create MORE of a problem sweeping stones up off the roadway... guy on our Alaska caravan this summer had a new Class C and had a full width flap put on it in addition to the standard flaps behind the duals. When doing the pre-trip inspection I told him it was too long and would cause him problems. He said he had already had it shortened because after installation it was dragging the ground. He was towing a Honda Civic. After every gravel/construction section his wipers were covered with stones, and there were even stones on the upper trunk lip. After the 70 day caravan, the windshield looked like it had been sand-blasted with very large grit sand ...no big cracks, just solid pits over the entire glass. I kind of trust my full width flap because it rides 6-8" above the ground, but I still removed it for the caravan trip.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have a full width flap on my Eagle, does a great job. I haven't noticed any damage to the toad.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine covers both duals, however I had to make mine and install them myself. They are 23" X36" with a 8" extension, I will post some pictures when I get them downloaded from the camera.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #19

The rear mud flap needs to be kept at least 4" off the ground to keep it from hitting the ground, or creating a wind vortex and throwing loose rocks at your tow vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DuraFlap on Dutch Star.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	469.9 KB
ID:	49165  
DuraFlap Mud Flaps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires