Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2016, 12:57 AM   #1

Smile Does anyone have experience with the Costco Auto Program?

I have sold our Class C and I'm planning on buying an Thor Axis/Vegas 25.2 on a E450 chassis.

Our driveway is limited to 28.5 foot. We did a walkthrough of an Axis 25.2 at local dealer but it was an early 2016 on an E350. I have owned two Class Cs. One was on an E350 and the other was on an E450. I will only buy an E450 because I want the heaver chassis. Alaska roads are rough with frost heaves and pot holes.

I went through the Costco Auto Program web site to request a Thor RV dealer. It linked me to Camping World of Burlington, WA. I could save $10,000 over the local dealer. Problem is I live in Alaska. I would have to drive it back to Alaska in the Spring without all my RV gear stored in my garage.

Does anyone have experience with the Costco Auto Program or Camping World of Burlington, WA? (1,384 Miles Away)

I have re-posted this in General Discussion after the suggestion below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
You may want to provide a little more info. Which state is Burlington in? I'm guessing you are referring to the State of Washington but you should clarify.

You might want to post under the General Discussion thread. It could get more responses there.
Thanks for reading my post.
Robert
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2016, 05:29 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure what your concerns really are, making a 1500 mile trip without RV stuff? Bring a pillow and sleeping bag or buy something locally when you begin your trip back. You're saving 10K.....spend 500 for gas, and couple hundred for miscellaneous supplies on the way back.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
My concern would be buying from CW.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:02 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought my car through the Costco auto program, They have their contract dealers and have a pricing agreement with them that is to be passed on to the customer. That is about it, they do no real quality control with their dealers.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #5

You can do better than the Costco program. Get prices from the leading discount rv sellers.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #6

I've bought over 40 vehicles and consider myself a skilled negotiator.

When we bought our current MH the total time I spent on negotiations was less than 20 minutes and from the comfort of home. If you start from asking price, you will be playing negotiation games with the dealership for hours. Start by offering 75% of the MSRP. If they don't come back with an email agreeing to that, give them a couple of days to think about it.

The most challenging part of the process was in finding a good dealership to buy from. You want a dealership you can trust, especially if you're buying out of state. That said, verify everything and get everything in writing before you make the trip.
WheelingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:51 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Too bad it isn't a Winnebago. Roy Robinson RV not far from where you are looking at is a good dealer that deals often with out of state buyers (including me). http://www.royrobinsonrv.com
Old 10-07-2016, 07:46 AM   #8

You can generally do better than 75% of msrp.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
I got the costco price went to a local dealer asked if he could better it, he said no but he would match it and give me 18 mo. free service.
John Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
I got the costco price went to a local dealer asked if he could better it, he said no but he would match it and give me 18 mo. free service.
Sounds to me like he bettered it then.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The local dealer there in Alaska charges more because his costs are more to get a unit delivered there.

If you can afford it, ferry the RV up to Alaska...after you investigate the price you'll probably reconsider buying local. Also by buying local your local dealer will be more eager to support your warranty. Its not if you're going to have problems...its when and how many with a new rig.
USA-RVNomads is offline   Reply With Quote