Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2015, 06:40 AM   #29

We used it once to wash our dog's feet. Then I had to carry her all the way around to the front door (she weighs 80 lbs.). That was the first and last time we used it. I removed the hose since it just got in the way.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2015, 07:22 AM   #30

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Connected ours to the black tank flusher. It already has a backflow preventer on it so no risk of contamination. It is nice to rise while flushing without needing a second CG hose set up. Also can rise at dumps without threaded hose connections using the on-board fresh water tank which also reduces travel weight of a FW tank (although weight is not an issue for my rig). Try dumping a FW tank and see the looks you get from some folks who think we are dumping grey/black on the ground. Oh yeah, I also use it to push PINK STUFF to the tank rinser during winterizing.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:16 AM   #31

Seems like the only reason I have to use it is to rinse off the water/drain hoses and once in awhile the power cord. I have used it to wash my hands quite abit as well!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:25 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
After reading these posts, and to make some reasonable use of this, I am going to do a modification on it and add a hose adapter. I then can connect a standard hose to it and run it out from under the slide and have access to outside water for whatever purposes I may need. When I do perform that mod, I will post some pictures.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:28 AM   #33

Great response and thx for some ideas...enjoy the journey
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #34

I should also add; I dissembled an electric pressure washer and mounted it in my wet bay.

Now I can take my lead hose from the hot faucet and hook up the washer and hot pressure wash the bugs off the windshield.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
And if so, for what purposes? I ask because, for one, the hose is so short it seems useless without doing some sort of mod (like hose extensions). I know, somewhere, I saw a post about someone adding a quick connect and extension hose. It seems to me that that would be the only plausible answer to making use of this. Further, at least in my case, the compartment is under the slide out, making it even more of a challenge to get to and making some sort of use of it without doing some sort of mod. Just curious as to what others do with this, if anything at all.
We love outside showers. Wish we could use ours. To get to it in our Thor 36fd you have to open the garage under the drivers side slide, crawl under to adjust, you get the picture. To call it a shower is a misnomer. It's a rinse system to be used when the slides are IN to rinse out the bay. An outdoor shower should be accessible to be usable and why put them on the side away the rv's entry, makes the streaking longer
Hoegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Alpine Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Love mine. I use to bath dogs, wash n rinse my hair when boondocking, wash Dutch oven and griddle, outdoor hand washing. Super handy imo.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #37

I simply added some tubing and a hose adapter to mine. Works great with the
"expandable" hoses which are only good for limited use. Cane quickly clean off the back in winter driving and the front in summer bug storms.
BigBadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoegee View Post
To call it a shower is a misnomer. It's a rinse system to be used when the slides are IN to rinse out the bay. An outdoor shower should be accessible to be usable
I couldn't agree more. Great term "rinse system". Never thought of it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoegee View Post
...and why put them on the side away from the rv's entry, makes the streaking longer
LOL....pictures are worth a thousand words!!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
And if so, for what purposes? I ask because, for one, the hose is so short it seems useless without doing some sort of mod (like hose extensions). I know, somewhere, I saw a post about someone adding a quick connect and extension hose. It seems to me that that would be the only plausible answer to making use of this. Further, at least in my case, the compartment is under the slide out, making it even more of a challenge to get to and making some sort of use of it without doing some sort of mod. Just curious as to what others do with this, if anything at all.
Like others we use the outdoor shower to rinse off things and occasionally wash a dog. The hose has the standard fittings used for most indoor hand held showers. You can get a new hose from Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart or almost any other home improvement store.

We bought an 8' one for our previous motorhome when the first one started to leak. I've seen them as long as 12'.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #40

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great idea to hook it up to black tank so you can flush the black tank with the pump. I'll remember that.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Use it to wash the dog
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I always rinse the slinky into the drain after dumping (black, grey, fresh) and then wash up for my hands etc..

Tags
door, shower