Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2020, 12:34 PM   #43

??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Should cameras be allowed on public sidewalks pointed up girls skirts.......the sidewalk is a public space......this is a silly argument right?
This is so stupid ,when is the last time you heard of some clown trying to look up girls skirts with a drone or trying to spy in a bed room or bathroom? This is "My Property" at it best. God I hope I don`t pull in next to one of "not on my watch people", If I look over to your camp area for longer then YOU think I should be looking no dought there will be a reaction. [moderator edit] Did you know when a plane fies over "Your Property" they could be photographing you? Did you know that Google Earth has "your property" shown Oline for the whole world to see? And you can go down so far and see you in your back yard. Did you know that google street view has photografted the, front, side or rear of your house and if you close enough you can see youself looking out the window. Did you know men and women can use the same bathroom now, so how are the girls going to sheild their eys when some guy is doing his bussiness, Got to remember in life there`s always somebody watching best get over it cause it will get worse. I can`t belive the way some people think, it`s just paranoia.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2020, 01:04 PM   #44

https://www.dailycamera.com/2015/02/...in-prison/amp/
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:27 PM   #45
tcg

Quote:
I don't agree with shooting down drones but why do people need to fly drones over someone's property? Just checking out roof shingle colors before reshingling your home?
I takeoff in my own backyard and then take photos of the nearby 430 square mile lake or the hundreds of acres of wetlands in the other direction.

There are homes in between me and that view.

If you see my drone over your house, trust me, it's not looking at whatever you don't want me to see.

But if the camera on my drone was looking at your property the 24mm lens, contrary to whatever you've heard or seen on CSI, can not make out details unless it was extremely close to your property. I for one value my drone so I tend to fly higher than the tallest trees in the area.

Point is, not all, or probablly most, drones you see are not taking photos or video of you. They are looking at the landscape from a perspective we normally don't get to see.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:29 PM   #46
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post

He did not seem to be using a drone unless I missed something in the article.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:33 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
He did not seem to be using a drone unless I missed something in the article.
You didn't miss it but you might have missed seeing the forest for the trees. The underlying issue here is the invasion of peoples' privacy regardless of how they do it. A very few may use drones. Hopefully, only an extremely small number of mentally ill people would go so far as to take a [Moderator Edit] Shower" to do it.
After the first post the OP no longer owns the subject matter. Other posters with different personal and professional perspectives invariably shed often valuable light on the original subject and related issues aiding to greater understanding of the original issue(s.)
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 01-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #48
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
You might have missed the forest for the trees. The underlying issue here is the invasion of peoples' privacy regardless of how they do it. A few may use drones. Hopefully, only an extremely small number of mentally ill people would go so far as to take a [Moderator Edit] Shower" to do it.
After the first post the OP no longer owns the subject matter. Other posters with different personal and professional perspectives invariably shed often valuable light on the original subject aiding to greater understanding of the issue(s.)
I thought the issue was flying drones while camping. Then it went to flying over people's homes.

You took a pretty long leep to one mentally ill person hiding in pit toilets look at women.

As someone that flies a drone I really have to scratch my head and wonder how the two are even remotely related.

But as you say, we all have different perspectives so I am entitled to scratch my head and wonder.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:14 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
I thought the issue was flying drones while camping. Then it went to flying over people's homes.

You took a pretty long leep to one mentally ill person hiding in pit toilets look at women.

As someone that flies a drone I really have to scratch my head and wonder how the two are even remotely related.

But as you say, we all have different perspectives so I am entitled to scratch my head and wonder.
Yes you are.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #50

[Mod Edit]

If your next door neighbor is selling his house it is not uncommon nowadays to have an aerial video made of the house and property 360 degrees around the property. This would require flying over neighboring properties.

And how do you think Google Earth gets those overhead shots?

Used to be satellites but newer ones are shot from planes FLYING OVER YOUR PROPERTY with a telephoto lens. See how far shooting one of those out of the sky will get you. Probably several decades of free room and board.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:28 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
If your next door neighbor is selling his house it is not uncommon nowadays to have an aerial video made of the house and property 360 degrees around the property. This would require flying over neighboring properties.

And how do you think Google Earth gets those overhead shots?

Used to be satellites but newer ones are shot from planes FLYING OVER YOUR PROPERTY with a telephoto lens. See how far shooting one of those out of the sky will get you. Probably several decades of free room and board.
Your examples do not compare to a peeping Tom. Here's a better example.......a house with tall cedars surrounding the backyard pool for privacy and while a young girl is sun tanning topless in presumed privacy she looks up to see one of these drones hovering ( just doing a house survey ah huh) ok ... ..... I'm talking about a small percentage of drone owners......
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:44 PM   #52
tcg

Quote:
Your examples do not compare to a peeping Tom. Here's a better example.......a house with tall cedars surrounding the backyard pool for privacy and while a young girl is sun tanning topless in presumed privacy she looks up to see one of these drones hovering ( just doing a house survey ah huh) ok ... ..... I'm talking about a small percentage of drone owners......
Things could be said about a small percentage of any group. Does that small percentage define the entire group?
Old 01-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #53

Quote:
Go back to pin hole cameras in the girls bathroom I think they`ll have more luck there. Really if you want to you can go to a nudist colony and fly over
and really get an eye full. But you have to count me out I`m married and have more than I can handle at my age. LOLOL
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:18 PM   #54

Alpine Owners Club
Hey, I get the drone thing, really. Neighbor has one and we play with it all the time. It takes amazing video and pictures, especially at 700' elevation. Here's where they cross the line, IMHO.
While we were camping this summer at a fairly popular state park in Washington State the following occurred.
Wife was chilling in her lawn chair reading, I was fiddlefarting around with my bicycle. A drone flew up about 25' above our campsite and hovered directly above us for two minutes or less, which seemed like an eternity. That was just creepy. Dogs absolutely freaking out and barking loudly. I finally flipped the thing the bird and picked up a dog toy and threw it, missing it but got the point across and it promptly left. Are people that brazen these days? Can't honestly say I wouldn't have used it for skeet practice if we weren't in a state park, so I certainly won't criticize people threatening to shoot one down. My DW, the calmest person I know said, and I quote, [Mod Edit] Now had that fellow camper been courteous and asked if we wanted an aerial photo of our campsite that's great. But being a "peeper" is just wrong on so many levels.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
It is illegal to fly one within five miles of an airport for good reason. Ingesting even a small drone would cause damage to any jet engine. At flight speeds a drone through the wind shield would also be a problem. I would love to have one but live about four miles south of a small airport.
Not accurate...

When within five (5) miles of an airport, AMA
members must notify the airport(s) before model
operations take place. Permanent flying locations,
such as chartered club flying sites, should establish a
mutually agreed-upon operating procedure to eliminate
the need for constant and repeated notification.
When within three (3) miles of an airport, model
aircraft should remain below 400 feet above the ground
unless there is notification or an agreement with
the airport that allows models to safely go higher

This basically means you can fly within 5 miles. And if there isn't a club within the area. You can get permission.
We actually fly at our municipal airport one in a while.

I get this inaccurate statement above all the time while thermaliing with my glider...why I know the rules on the airport and height restrictions.
Bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #56

I will follow up my previous post.

I've been actively flying r/c since 1989.
I fly helicopter, planes, open class gliders, f5j, fpv race wings and race quads. Not drones. Sorry we call them quads....drones are generally autonomous flights using PC software to fly a predetermined course that is programmed into the craft....can be a plane as well. The fpv ones you build and fly through gates or freestyle is what I fly.
I practice and fly as safe as possible. I do fly in areas where there are people but use discretion. And will limit or stop flying if safety is an issue. or fly my small beta65 quad that fits in my hand and couldn't hurt anyone at flying speeds.
At the flying club its anywhere you want.
That being said..I see many novice pilots hit, crash or just fly away with many types of aircraft. drones are just as bad. They have little practice or flight time and get into trouble.
I hope that the consumer level "drone" gets harder for people to fly because I can't stand when inexperienced pilots fly into cars, buildings whatever. Keep you drones away from people, away from other rvs.

If you are doing a video and want to do footage the. Get permission. People using drones in bad situations and poor skills and give the hobby a bad name. Sorry for the rant but with the damage that it can cause. I see no reason to use in rv park or any park where people are. Your just going to cause an issue and make my hobby more restrictive for me.
Bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving