Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2020, 04:54 PM   #85
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Yep. Next door neighbor watching the 13-year-olds at the pool party. Filming too, I'm pretty sure.

I have a (small, unregulated) drone with a camera, so I'm not saying what I said out of anti-drone animus. Any tool can be used or misused. Most people use tools properly and with respect for the community. When they don't, they make the rest of the users look bad.

So, nothing wrong with drones. They're fun. Pervs, on the other hand . . .
So what did the police say when you filed a report?
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #86

Most RV parks outlaw them

Zzotte
Old 01-09-2020, 05:17 PM   #87

Very educational posts about drones!
All the rules & regs explain why we never have seen them at anyplace we have camped.
Wondering about the case where we eventually see one over the house.
[Moderator Edit]
winningbagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #88

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
Most RV parks outlaw them

Zzotte
Not my experience. I've had a drone since I started RV'ng three years ago. I always ask before I fly. At least 3/4's of parks I've visited said ok unless too close to an airport. 5 different parks have asked me for some of my footage, and I gave it to them.

B4ufly will tell you where and where you cannot fly. National parks are a no.
Some state parks allow. Canada more strict than the US.

Aerial footage has been a nice addition to my YouTube videos
mtmsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #89

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to bistchr
Flying Drones

My son had a lot of fun with drones when RVing. However, BE AWARE there are many rules about flying in national and state parks, near air field and like a 5 mile zone on military airfield. So enjoy but be aware if someone says you cannot fly that here, there are rules. The FAA is setting up reasonable (I hope) rules for flying and registering. Like if less than 16 ounces, no problem, a 5 pound new helicopter size with camera, well that is a whole different set of thinking. Drones goe $50- over $1000. So think about what you want to do and the rules. Good flying
bistchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:37 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningbagel View Post
Very educational posts about drones!
All the rules & regs explain why we never have seen them at anyplace we have camped.
Wondering about the case where we eventually see one over the house.
[Moderator Edit]
Or maybe a paint gun.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:41 PM   #91

My Mavic Pro is a ball to fly and the 4K camera has taken some awesome photos. I haven't had any issues launching out of RV parks to take photos of the park and surrounding area. I try to zoom up and away quickly so I don't cause a disturbance. I also post the photos to the park's Facebook page for their benefit.

Last thing I want is for RVers to think I'm spying on them. No way do I want that. The altitude I fly is classified but you can't hardly see anyone on the ground and you can't see or hear my drone.

Drone flying is a fun sport. My Mavic has a sport mode for higher speed flight. If I have a large open space it's real fun to zoom around and do some trick flying.

BTW, for those contemplating shooting down a drone it is a Federal offense to shoot at ANY aircraft. So if you feel the need to take down a drone you might want to consider how a stay at a federal prison would affect your life.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #92

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
My Mavic Pro is a ball to fly and the 4K camera has taken some awesome photos. I haven't had any issues launching out of RV parks to take photos of the park and surrounding area. I try to zoom up and away quickly so I don't cause a disturbance. I also post the photos to the park's Facebook page for their benefit.

Last thing I want is for RVers to think I'm spying on them. No way do I want that. The altitude I fly is classified but you can't hardly see anyone on the ground and you can't see or hear my drone.

Drone flying is a fun sport. My Mavic has a sport mode for higher speed flight. If I have a large open space it's real fun to zoom around and do some trick flying.

BTW, for those contemplating shooting down a drone it is a Federal offense to shoot at ANY aircraft. So if you feel the need to take down a drone you might want to consider how a stay at a federal prison would affect your life.
Flew my drone for 4 yrs. One of first to get lic. Was fun at that time. Hate too say it but, it got old.
Sold it for 500 bucks. Was more fun with others flying at night around fixed obstacles.
Good luck with yours.
Safe flying.[emoji574][emoji573]
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:03 PM   #93

About all the RC club members are up in arms over the new regulations of the FAA because of those like in this thread not flying at an RC field. Now the RC field will have to be registered and if for some reason the field doesn't renew the permit it can not become a registered field ever again. It has always taken a few to screw it up for the rest. I hope the new rules kill the drone industry.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:07 PM   #94

National RV Owners Club
I took my drone with me on a vacation, but almost every place, state parks, federal parks, campgrounds, all forbid the flying of it. So I sold it...
Blazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:10 PM   #95

I have never had a problem flying out of a campground. I don't fly low or "peep". As far as just taking off getting a few pics of the area and landing, no one has said a bad thing to me. Don't have national parks in the area. Fly mostly over water and have a Mavic Pro. It's registered which was no big deal. If I ever get a ticket I'll be more concerned. Just fly like a responsible person and no one ever hassles me.
avalanchediv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:14 PM   #96

I use my drone while camping to take memorable shots you can only get from the air.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-00005b.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	355.4 KB
ID:	271857   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-10-15-17h07m05s223b.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	271858  

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-10-15-17h08m54s117b.png
Views:	39
Size:	816.5 KB
ID:	271859  
griegert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:23 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconview View Post
About all the RC club members are up in arms over the new regulations of the FAA because of those like in this thread not flying at an RC field. Now the RC field will have to be registered and if for some reason the field doesn't renew the permit it can not become a registered field ever again. It has always taken a few to screw it up for the rest. I hope the new rules kill the drone industry.
What a pile of misinformation!
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:27 PM   #98

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A drone replaces a ladder for roof inspections

Entegra stopped installing ladders on their DPs (and maybe their other RVs) years ago. I use my drone for roof inspections. One thing I have learned is that, at least on my coach, the sealing materials used are high quality but I use my drone to check monthly anyway.

Tags
rving