Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #15

Dave

I looked at OBDII readers including the one you referenced, I thought it would work, but I ordered a "RioRand RD9 bluetooth OBDII Diagnostic Scanner" that works with Android to give code and other data readout info. My price with shipping was about $30. Cannot say if it is any better than the referenced one.

The one I ordered does not do all that the "automatic" purports to do, so I thank you for your post and hope you get response from real users vs negative statements that do not seem to be based on fact. I will continue to monitor that product's progress, It has a lot of potential.

I hope an OBDII works on your rig whichever one you get.

PS: my research indicates the RD9 works fine with the "Torque" App, Time and testing will determine if that is my finding,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #16

Definitely will report back All of you folks are great. This forum is better than the RV magazines -- and it's free!

Dave.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1194 View Post
Definitely will report back All of you folks are great. This forum is better than the RV magazines -- and it's free! Dave.
I got the OBDII readers in from Amazon. You have to use it with your "favorite app", according to the instructions. I downloaded the Android Torque app. Plugged it into my 2003 4 Runner and the Bluetooth linked up fine. The free version of the torque app worked fine with it. However, except for telling me what my intake sensor and intake airflow was doing, I couldn't seem to figure out any other information, except for gps travel data. So I paid $4.95 for the torque pro app. The pro app would not work with the sensor and I couldn't get any other Pro apps to work with it.

I sent an email to the independent Amazon vendor and told them that, unless they can recommend a Pro app that will work with it, I will return it. Probably will have to wait until next week for a reply. I'll let you know.

Dave.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #18

Dave

Received my "RioRand RD9" OBDII this past week. I went with TourquePro from the getgo. They work fine together. Only tried it on 2 of my vehicles so far. When I was in-putting the data it asked for veh weight. I put the GVWR but I don't usually travel at my GVWR, not certain if this make any difference. What other weight would one use? Actual weight varies all the time.

Will try it for awhile. We have several phones and tablets so this monitor will be another gizmo on the dash. It does show me performance indicators and all are in the "green".

It was cheap and of it seems worthwhile I will buy another 4 units so I will have one in each Veh. Have not tried it on my RV yet.