Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 AM   #1

I'm looking how to replace the hose from the Eaton Solenoid to the ice maker in our NDR1292 refrigerator/freezer.

While winterizing the MH on the consignment lot, they tore off the hose at the solenoid and I cannot find where it runs up to the ice maker.

What I would like to know, do you need to pull the refrigerator out to replace the 5-ft. hose? Or can you get to it from either the top or bottom? In all the diagrams we have on the ice maker and refrigerator, it does not show how the upper hose is routed.

WHERE ARE YOU WIZARD? He-He

Thanks,
Larry

Ragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 AM   #2

I'm looking how to replace the hose from the Eaton Solenoid to the ice maker in our NDR1292 refrigerator/freezer.

While winterizing the MH on the consignment lot, they tore off the hose at the solenoid and I cannot find where it runs up to the ice maker.

What I would like to know, do you need to pull the refrigerator out to replace the 5-ft. hose? Or can you get to it from either the top or bottom? In all the diagrams we have on the ice maker and refrigerator, it does not show how the upper hose is routed.

WHERE ARE YOU WIZARD? He-He

Thanks,
Larry

Old 11-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ragman--
I have a dometic frig and icemaker. Mine must be pulled out of the wall and the ice maker tubing goes into the top, rear of the unit-- I know because I had to do it. The tubing was "fried" and ruined my laminate flooring. It has a heating coil wrapped around it from the seloniod to near the top of the unit. Apparently the previous owner ran the heating element with no water in it. It activates automatically below 32 degrees F. I've pulled the fuse and drained the hose so it won't happen again.

Hope this helps you-- I got an old milk container box and sat the unit on it while I replaced the tubing. Its a heavv unit, I suggest you have a buddy help you. Not too much to do to remove and replace it. The facia on the top had two screws behind it. Disconnect the propane, electric, and remove the screws in the back. Good luck
Old 11-29-2007, 02:28 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Larry, Max has given you the info you pretty much needed. I would add that when you reinstall the ref. and reconnect the gas you need to be sure to check for gas leak (connect & turn on lp gas) with soapy water soultion before you fire the unit up on gas mode. If you run into a snag let us know. GOod luck and stay safe.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:39 AM   #5

Thanks Max for the detailed information. That's exactly what I needed. I'll yank that sucker out and have it fixed before we leave next week for our four-month stay in old Mexico. I guess you could call us "winter Mexicans" from Texas.

And MIke, I'll be sure to check for propane leaks. Thanks.

I'll let you know how the repair goes. Thanks again.

Larry
Old 11-29-2007, 05:48 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ragman:
I'll yank that sucker out and have it fixed before we leave next week for our four-month stay in old Mexico.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ragman, Depending on your floor plan it will be tricky pulling the refrigerator out. If you have good access on both sides of the fridge you are lucky. In any case get a strong friend to help. It is a two man job. I built a platform so I could slide the fridge out onto it since I have access from one side. The dinette booth is in the way on the other side. From there two of us could move it. You must lower it to the floor level to have access to the top.

Max, Tell me more about the heater on the tube. Is it activated when the fridge is off?
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #7

Ragman,

I have the same refridge in my coach. How many screws inside and outside do you have to remove?
I know the gas line and electric plug outside.
Do you have to remove any mldgs inside?
Also Dometic told me the kit was #3108706.080 This one is if you have the original circuit board. It cost $87.17

thanks for any advise
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Guys, & Gals,

My model of Dometic is a RM 3862. It's in my '02 coach. It has 4 steet metal screws, about 1 1/2" long holding it in. Two are in the upper front, screwed into the wooden cabinet vertically. The "upper control" facia panel lifts up slightly by releasing two small tabs with a small screwdriver on the bottom of the upper door assembly. The other two screws are in the back screwed down through the support rails into the plywood floor.

I can't tell you if the heating coil on the fill tube is on when the frig controls are off. There is a 3 amp in line fuse on the red wire going to heating coil (just above the selonid valve) that can be removed, wrap it in a small zip lock bag and tie it to the fuse wire and reinsert it when desired. My replacement kit from Dometic cost about $65 about a year and a half ago. Since I had my problem I haven't used the ice maker again. The year I used it we had to defrost every 3 weeks or so. This last summer we went a full 5 months without defrosting the frig-- it was wonderful!

Good luck to all
Old 12-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #9

Appreciate all your help. Thanks.
We're heading south.