Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #1

Dometic NDA 1402 ice maker

Like the headliner says I have Dometic NDA 1402 side-by-side fridgerader. Ice maker does not make ice went to a couple appliance stores to get a new icemaker the body and everything matches except for the electrical plug where and what have other people done to resolve that problem. I could cut and spliced wires but if it turns out to be something else I do not want to have to resplice. And yes the water valve works. I have whirlpool and Frigidaire part numbers but online they will not guarantee electrical hook up is the same. Thanks in advance.
gramps66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2016, 09:33 AM   #2

I would look closely at where the wires enter the I/m box on some units the harness unplugs if not you will have to splice
hometool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I would also do some more diagnosis before deciding the ice maker is at fault. There is also an external water control valve that has to open and close on cue to deliver water when needed, and power feed to the ice maker itself.

Maybe you have already done this, but I see/hear of many people who change ice makers only to have the same problem continue.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometool View Post
I would look closely at where the wires enter the I/m box on some units the harness unplugs if not you will have to splice

Yes it does on plug but there is only maybe 3 inches of harness come in through the back of the fridge ( freezer ) Not really a lot of room to fit my big hands back there to do any work on splicing
Old 04-25-2016, 11:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I would also do some more diagnosis before deciding the ice maker is at fault. There is also an external water control valve that has to open and close on cue to deliver water when needed, and power feed to the ice maker itself.

Maybe you have already done this, but I see/hear of many people who change ice makers only to have the same problem continue.

If I flip-flop wires from drinking water supply to ice maker water supply valve works. A tech told me there are circuitries in the icemaker to activate water celliniod. I was also told to fill the icemaker tray and spin the gears three or four revolutions to get it activated but that still didn't not work. There is power going into the icemaker but not coming out.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps66 View Post
If I flip-flop wires from drinking water supply to ice maker water supply valve works. A tech told me there are circuitries in the icemaker to activate water celliniod. I was also told to fill the icemaker tray and spin the gears three or four revolutions to get it activated but that still didn't not work. There is power going into the icemaker but not coming out.

Freezer fluctuates from 1° to 5°F so it is getting cold enough to make ice. Making ice the old-fashioned way with trays 5-6 hours it takes to make a batch. DW wants the convenience push a button and ice comes out. Besides opening and closing the freezer 4-5-6 times a day it just has to re-coop coldness.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:33 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps66 View Post
Freezer fluctuates from 1° to 5°F so it is getting cold enough to make ice. Making ice the old-fashioned way with trays 5-6 hours it takes to make a batch. DW wants the convenience push a button and ice comes out. Besides opening and closing the freezer 4-5-6 times a day it just has to re-coop coldness.
The icemaker in the 1402 is very inefficient. If you put a thermometer in the actual icemaker area you will probably find it is not as cold as the readout says. The freezing unit for the freezer is about 1/4 of the way down on the right side. I had some Dometic work done on my unit and they installed a small fan blowing cold air up to the icemaker. You can tap +12v from the little box above and back of the icemaker. Try a fan to provide more cold air in the vicinity of the icemaker.

Tags
dometic