Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #1

dometic ndr1292 problem

something is amiss with my fridge...sometimes it will work perfect after I turn it on and then just quit...leave it off for a day and sometimes it will work again the same way and sometimes it wont...is this a symptom of the board or what.... the flame is perfect and on ac the rods get hot. but the coils do not..is there a heat sensor that turns a solenoid on or anything?? fridge is not original was replaced and cant remember the date on the receipt thanks for any help you can give...fi am convinced the coils are good yet.. jeff
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
If you have heat, by flame or electric element, the cooling should happen with an evaporator type refrigerator. The control board is working if you have flame and/or electric heat. The various thermistors that signal heat and cold to the control board must be working or again you wouldn't have flame. The chemicals in the system can crystalize and form a blockage if operated out of level or near level.

Work you way through the various tests and questions in the manual and see what you come up with.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/operating/ndr1292.pdf

Dometic -Service Manual Download,Download the circuit diagram,Manual Download

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #3

well thanks I have operated out of leval.. and with blockage should I use rubber mallet and tap the coils?? always worked on the kids ya know..no I didn't beat em.. that one site makes you install something I don't want so is there another site with it?? jeff
Old 07-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Actually the Amish folks I knew use to turn their evaporative refrigerators upside down on the porch and leave it for a day or two. I'd be careful trying to shock the tubing with a rubber mallet, a cracked coil means a new cooling system.

You'll have to weigh the risks. Tapping might make it work again, OR break it. You'll need a new cooling system if you do nothing, leaving it unreliable.

I'm sure someone will suggest replacing it with a residential fridge, but I understand your model has dimensions that make it hard to find a fit without much modification of the space.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:51 PM   #5

ya the heater is under the fridge. and its to the ceiling...I think a residential one just wont work..or maybe just a small one...I don't really wanto take it out to put it upside down as that has to be hard job, not?....so I did go out and tap it...not to hard but if it doesn't work I am gonna hit harder...jeff
Old 07-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #6

ok is there any danger to using to using a propane torch on the coils to heat them up and which side would I do if I did take precautions and did it ?? or the main tank??

Tags
dometic