Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
The OP specifically mentions unstopping an RV toilet with a plunger. How did you manage to do this? Details please. The three coaches and TT we have had were set up with the toilet either dropping directly into the tank or into a pipe that went into the tank. I am having trouble seeing how this was possible. Sink, shower or lavatory I can see, but wonder how the plunger would force anything to unclog in an RV toilet.
Using TP from Camping World. I wasn't sure how it happened myself. The Lav was plugged and the plunger worked. We always have water in the lav. My guess is the child must have put a wad of TP in there and it plugged the line. I guess until it happens to you, you will never know

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #16

We purchased our motorhome used. The first wknd out, the toilet plugged up. So after getting home I used a borescope from work to determine why it plugged. Found a wad of toilet paper clinging to the pipe. Our toilet dumps into a 3" pipe and flows 90 degrees into the tank. I went to Lowes and purchased a 3" chimney cleaner on a 3' flex line and pretty much push and scrub the pipe clean. Never had an issue after until this wknd. We had a total of 7 people 3 of which were kids. The toilet plugged up again. This time I needed draino and the chimney sweep. Defiantly going to look into a different toilet paper that breaks down faster.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #17

I bought a flexible toilet cleaner that has high pressure, spinning end on it, works great on the toilet. My toilet drain only goes down about 12 inches then makes a sharp turn and a slight angle so if you don't use enough water to flush it clogs easy. Used to shove an old hose down it but it takes awhile, bought this thing on Amazon, love it. By the way, always carry vice grips, a hammer and duct tape.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Barb View Post
I bought a flexible toilet cleaner that has high pressure, spinning end on it, works great on the toilet. My toilet drain only goes down about 12 inches then makes a sharp turn and a slight angle so if you don't use enough water to flush it clogs easy. Used to shove an old hose down it but it takes awhile, bought this thing on Amazon, love it. By the way, always carry vice grips, a hammer and duct tape.
Duct tape is da bomb
Old 10-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #19

Too much toilet paper and not enough flush water will cause problems. Place a small covered trash can, lined with a free used plastic shopping bag, in the toilet room. Ask users to place the majority of their TP into the can. Whenever needed remove the bag, knot it shut, and take to the dumpster. Use a bacteria enzyme additive to to aid in breakdown of solids in tank. You should now be good to "go".
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #20

I made a spray device. Similar to the one they sell at Walmart but works much better. 1/2 inch copper pipe about 30 inches long. Hose connection and valve at one end. A cap at the other. In the cap 180 degrees apart on the sides I drilled two 1/4 inch dia holes. I can rotate it in the toilet and it removes everything very well. I built it about 30 years ago and misplaced it when I changed RVs. Tried that one they sell at Walmart and it is just about useless.