Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Dribble Shower Pressure

I have no water pressure in my shower. I think I have sediment build up on a screen where water comes out from control knobs. I unscrewed shower hose and with knobs wide open, only get a trickle. I can't figure how to access screen to check. Any ideas? I had same problem in bathroom spigot and unscrewed screen and found it totally clogged on back with sediment from hot water tank it seems. Need help with this one!
Mrfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2017, 06:33 PM   #2

Depending on the valve construction you might be able to take the knob off and then be able to take the stem out of the valve itself. That should get you access to the blockage. Just remember that if you turn the water pump on with the valve disassembled you will have full pressure and volume coming out of the valve straight at you.
OverDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:31 AM   #3

A picture or two of the fixtures would help us.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Here is photo. It appears that there is a screen inside white hose nozzle that may be the culprit. Photo is upside down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170524_154431.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	162876  
Old 05-24-2017, 02:17 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not 100% certain but it you pop the end covers off the handles there will be hardware underneath inside the handles that you can remove to remove them. Once the handles are off you should be able to remove the hardware to take the chrome cover off or at least get to the valves to clean them out.

Also it looks like someone had the covers off or the factory works need remedial training. H should be on the left and C on the right.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:21 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
H should be on the left and C on the right.
He said the pic is upside-down.[emoji41]
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:18 PM   #7

I would also look for leaks. Your shower head is higher than other spigots and the might not be enough water pressure to get a good flow from there.

I had that problem. Sinks seemed to get good flow but the shower was very weak.
Turns out my water pump was leaking.
OldBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:35 PM   #8

The outlet of the shower mixer unit where the hose attaches has a very small opening, maybe 1/8" or so. It is possible to get a small rock or other debris in the mixer unit blocking that hole.

**Turn off water
**unscrew the hose
**''remove the handles and the stem
**use canned air to blow out the small hole (possibly with the small tube of the
canned air)
**Hopefully the rock or debris will come out where the stems were.

Other Option: Replace the whole shower mixer unit.

Good Luck!
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Take the entire chrome hose and shower head off. Get some CLR. Put it in a bowl and let the chrome hose and shower head sit for Three hours. There should be some debris in the bowl after you swish around. Put it back together and check it out. If you get some debris; do the same thing to all your water fixtures.

Hawk43
Hawk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:09 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Hawk43 Thanks for info. My problem is that it is clogged in mixing unit before chrome tubing. There is a screen in white plastic nipple that chrome hose screws to that is clogged.

Tags
shower