Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #15

I just removed my cracked hoses last night and when they were originally installed the hose clamps where tightening from the top no access from the bottom so I had to cut both hose to get a wrench to them a two hour job that should of took ten minutes now two find the replacement hoses do I need to replace all of the smaller hose or can I just replace two feet to get past the bad part

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Replaced our fuel vent hose last Spring. A search will bring up a few filler hose related posts. So far my filler hose looks OK and hope it stays that way.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Steve N Sal......had to replace my fuel vent hose last fall as well. Cracked in several places and spilled fuel when I topped off the tank. Since we have the same coach must be a Workhorse thing of that era. So far so good on the fill hose itself.
bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #18

I had the exact same thing happen, when we bought our new to us 2000 Pace Arrow and bought gas the first time, I noticed a leak from the fuel filling area, so shut the pump off and checked sure enough it was dripping. Went in and told the cashier and she gave me some spill absorb and told me they would clean it up later. Drove the rig home(January and 24 degrees). Looked under the rear and located the fuel filler hose, measured the piece that was leaking and went to the local auto parts store and got a 12 inch piece and 4 heavy duty hose clamps. Installed the hose with the two clamps on each end and no more leaks. Most likely it was a type of hose not meant for fuel or an old new stock that wasn't made for unleaded(there is a lot still around). The one I removed had no wire coil in it and the one I did had the wire in the sidewall of the hose. Be sure when you replace the hose, it says for unleaded fuel. If you can find it and want to pay the price, marine fuel hose is the best, but costs a lot more than automotive..
pddgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilen View Post
I just removed my cracked hoses last night and when they were originally installed the hose clamps where tightening from the top no access from the bottom so I had to cut both hose to get a wrench to them a two hour job that should of took ten minutes now two find the replacement hoses do I need to replace all of the smaller hose or can I just replace two feet to get past the bad part
If the hose is cracked, it's bad. Since it was all made at the same time, replacing only leaking section is only a partial fix. I'd replace the complete hose, remember you're dealing with gasoline, not water. While crawling around and dirty I'd also closely check other hoses in and out of fuel tank, vapor recovery, etc.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #20

on this RV and maybe all from the outside fuel filler to around three feet from where the hose goes into the tank is covered with some kind of installation spray foam that covers up the filler hose and the vent hose. the filler hose is in two parts which I replaced the lower hose going into the tank the vent hose is one piece how do I remove the foam and what do I use to replace it
Old 03-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had this issue with our " new to us" MH on our first trip out. Avoiding one of my favorite long stories... I got my replacement from a local marine supply store & it still looks & feels like new.

2001 24' Trail-lite MH by R-vision w/8.1L Chev.
NatureCalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel