Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Yup bottled water is nothing but city water with a filter. Unless your in the Southwest where the machines put out RO water.
A lifetime of camping on our 4th year full time with 150 campgrounds so far. Never been sick .. not to say that place isn’t out there where the bad waters waiting
RO systems waste a heck of a lot of water so we decided on a different route and at minimum double filter. One 10 micron then a 5 micron filter for whole coach. We then have a .5 micron ice filter ( slow flowing) for ice machine and insta hot and all drinking water. Keep some bottled water on hand for emergency or car use.
I fully understand the bottle water crowd we just make our own.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2019, 06:14 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Originally Posted by PAtrailtrim View Post

Bottled water for drinking, cooking and coffee. Empties go into recycle bin.

No guilt and no bad tastes.

...............: bow:...

Sometimes Simple Works

And the recycled plastic bottles then go to the landfill. The final step in recycling has been interrupted since China no longer accepts our recyclables.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:43 AM   #45

Only about 9% of waste plastic is actually recycled.

https://relay.nationalgeographic.com...is-environment

Of the 8.3 billion metric tons that has been produced, 6.3 billion metric tons has become*plastic*waste. Of that, only nine percent has been*recycled. The vast majority—79 percent—is accumulating in landfills or sloughing off in the natural environment as litter.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st-tt2018 View Post
Yeah....one CG with a well and a water boil advisory posted on an index card inside the the office door 2 days after we arrived was it for us. Bottled water for everything but hand washing, shower, and flushing. And we now check every day about water quality.
Did they not come around and alert everyone? Or was that already in place and they didn't tell you on check-in?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #47

For drinking water on "short" trips, this, filled from our kitchen faucet, which is sourced from treated municipal wells.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jug.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	254105  
Old 07-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #48

These days, I'm feeling guilty buying and then throwing away cases of bottled water. What does everyone do for drinking water in their motor home?

I would drink the water and recycle the empty bottles.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:15 PM   #49

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Did they not come around and alert everyone? Or was that already in place and they didn't tell you on check-in?
No warning...no notice...not until we went to check out later in the week...
Old 07-21-2019, 04:22 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
We bring 4 or 5 one gallon store bought Spring Water bottles at the start of a trip and when we get low we take our empty water bottles to a grocery store and fill them up for abou $.30 a gallon.

When we get home we recycle the bottles and start over with new one gal bottles all over again.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:25 PM   #51
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I am so old I laughed the first time I heard of bottled water. I though what a stupid marketing idea.

Recycle? Countries are sending back ship loads of “recyclable” stuff to Canada & us today. How do they recycle? It would appear they may dump them into the Pacific, maybe. Feeling good still?

I drink cold water from my garden hose and put it through a filter into the camper fresh water tank. I use that tank for everything. Why not? It is there.

If I knew all those water bottles were recycled in the United States by American companies. I would buy them, maybe.
NRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #52

We used to carry bottled waters, but then I got tired of recycling, so I found a simple solution.

I removed the original water dispenser that was mounted in the counter with a wireless electric water dispenser from amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Lemonda-Wirele.../dp/B07NYMSRH6). I then ran the drinking hose to the cabinet under the sink were we store a the water container. Now we just fill the water container before each trip with our house water filter system....works like a charm.

In the future I might buy a 12v water pump and hard wire it, but I figured this was a quick and easy solution.
Joel_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:04 AM   #53

I keep about a case of bottles in the freezer at home. If going out for the day I likely will put a couple of them in the bag with my reusable bottles.
I will drink water out of tank, make coffee and cook with it, but prefer cold water, and close to a gallon a day.
Going camping, I lay frozen bottles on the bottom of cooler. I have a orange water cooler just like used by construction workers all over. Put a couple of gallon sized blocks, then fill with water gives me cold drinks for about 3 days. Instead of buying bottles and cooling them I dump bags of ice in that cooler every couple of days.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:54 PM   #54

I use a clearsourcerv water filter system. I have my RV on well water and use their 3 filter model. The water gray tint and smell went away and the .2 micron filter traps bacteria etc.
GregSATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #55

We take along our Berkey Water Traveler size. Looks like they are running a sale right now. https://www.berkeyfilters.com/produc...-bundle-sale-1
Karen B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #56

I fill my fresh water tank from our well at home. I added a shutoff valve to the line from the pump and a line that I can use to fill a 2 gallon jug for drinking and cooking. We can then use the local water for washing, toilet, etc. If we get to a place with good tasting water, we can refill the fresh tank. Used this way, the fresh water tank seems OK for up to a month or so. We flush the system when we get home so everything is clean when we start.
JohnMcHugh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water