Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2005, 05:45 AM   #1

We are the proud owners of a 2002 Workhorse w22,
Bounder 36s. Love it but the drivers seat will not turn completely to face the back.. Has anyone found a remedy for this? Maybe a add-on to the seat base to change it a little?
Dave & Nancy Finlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2005, 05:45 AM   #2

We are the proud owners of a 2002 Workhorse w22,
Bounder 36s. Love it but the drivers seat will not turn completely to face the back.. Has anyone found a remedy for this? Maybe a add-on to the seat base to change it a little?
Dave & Nancy Finlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:05 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Dave & Nancy,
The driver seat is added by the coach maker, Fleetwood Bounder in this case, so this question would be better asked in the Motorhome section. I'll move it there and add a link to it here so it can be found from either place.

I'm guessing your seat turns but bumps into the steering wheel? Sometimes that can be fixed by jockeying the seat controls (tilt, slide forward/back, etc.) as you turn it. Sometimes raising or lowering the arms helps. But sometimes the seat was simply mounted too close to the wheel. You may be able to unbolt the base and move it back a bit, but be careful that it will not interfere with the slide if you have one.
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave & Nancy, Welcome to irv2
If you don't have an electric seat its going to be hard on some coachs to turn the seat. With the elect you can tilt back of seat foward an also tilt the whole seat foward, using the forward height adjustment downward. I had a Bounder 34J an it was a pain on that coach without elect seat. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #5

I don't have a Bounder but found I had to pull my seat FORWARD to get it to turn around.
neilnbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:59 AM   #6

When my W22 had the smaller "go-kart" steering wheel I could not fully rotate my seat. After I upgraded to the 18" leather steering wheel, I discovered it sits slightly higher than the old steering wheel. By lowering the left arm rest, tilting the seat back forward and tilting the wheel fully "up" I can rotate 180 degrees but only in the clockwise direction.

I discovered that GBM must not have planned for that to occur as the power seat wires were not long enough and I pulled the wires out of their crimp connectors near the seat base. That was solved by inserting an extra piece of wire.

Since we have to tilt the seat forward to extend the main slide, rotating the seat is a piece of cake.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #7

Just bought 2006 Bounder 35E on Workhorse 22 chassis, and the large steering wheel does prevent the driver's seat from turning. I contacted Fleetweed, and they said it is according to specification.

Love everything else about the coach.
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Dave and Nancy....I found that you need to tilt the wheel all the way down, slide the seat all the forward, left armrest down, and backrest all the way forward. This should give you enough room to clear. Once you clear the wheel, you can tilt the backrest back alittle. Hope this helps.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #9

I have almost the same problem on my 06 Allegro Bay. I can manipulate the seat and get it turned around. But would like to be able to lean it back a little more. I was told by another RVer in a campground, that I could take a pin out of the tilt on the steering colume which would allow it to tilt more straight up. His MH was an American Dream. Not sure mine will be same. Has anyone done this on Allegro Bay?
ggardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I don't mean to purposely hijack this thread but I thought I would throw this problem regarding my captain's chair out to the iRV2 people to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

My '02 Monaco Windsor has what they call a Buddy Co-pilot's chair. I can maneuver the driver's chair around to position it facing the living area using the power seat controls, however because of the extra size and position of the Buddy chair, it will NOT swing around all the way regardless of what I do. I can move it a little until the armrest hit's the co-pilot's control panel, and that's it. Since it's bolted to an iron steel plate embedded in the floor, it appears to me that they just mounted it to the same location where the smaller normal size co-pilot's seat would go.

The only way I see resolving this problem is to fabricate an adjustable sliding plate to attach to the floor and then attach the chair to the adjustable plate. That would allow me to slide the chair over enough when turning it around so that it will clear the co-pilot's control panel.

Any other better ideas?

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:45 AM   #11
paz

As others have said, turning the driver's seat around can require a lot of jockeying. After 4 years of ownership, we finally found the right combination of seat position (all the way back for about 1/3 of the way, then all the way forward), arm position (down), steering wheel position (up), and seat back position (straight up) to get the seat turned around. Oh...don't forget to unclip the seatbelt from the wall. Even with all the jockeying, some seats still may not go all the way to 180 degrees.

Electric seats are easier to turn because you can use the electric controls to change seat position as you turn, but they add another complication - the wires. If you have an electric seat, make sure the wires don't get hung up on the seat support or on parts of the seat frame as you rotate the seat.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, to get mine to turn 180 degrees I have to tilt the tilt wheel all the way up, then move the seat one way and then another as it gurns.. Kind of non-intutitive

Thankfully I do not often turn it and never 180 degrees
Old 02-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #13

I noticed this thread was first started in Aug 2005 with a few responses dated thru Oct 2005. The thread was then dormant for five years and was reopened in Feb 2010, five years later. I don't want to be flamed, I just want to learn. Are there any unwritten rules, or informal recommendations on responding to dated posts?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Here's another thread on sucessful driver's seat swivel?
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/driv...vel-50527.html