Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unneeded post, threads have been merged. Thanks Admins.

digitalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fleetwood will e-mail you diagrams of plumbing and wiring for the asking; just give them the coach ID number. Check the website for the customer service e-mail address. I got a complete set from them within a few hours of asking. They will also send you the appropriate owner's manual for $10 electronically, $20 for a paper copy; at that price, they're probably losing money on just the cost of paper and postage. You might want to give them a shout before you dump something you shouldn't all over your shoes.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMCUDNEY View Post
Fleetwood will e-mail you diagrams of plumbing and wiring for the asking; just give them the coach ID number. Check the website for the customer service e-mail address. I got a complete set from them within a few hours of asking. They will also send you the appropriate owner's manual for $10 electronically, $20 for a paper copy; at that price, they're probably losing money on just the cost of paper and postage. You might want to give them a shout before you dump something you shouldn't all over your shoes.
Good tip. I had called them about wiring schematics and they were awesome about getting them to me a few hours later that day too. I never even thought about plumbing schematics. I will give them another call.

Due to my curious nature though I've already turned all the handles. All but one make sense to me now thanks to my fellow posters. And luckily, I didn't end up with anything unwanted on my shoes.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fleetwood comes through again. I just replied to the email that contained my wiring schematics and they have already provided me with the plumbing schematics. They've actually been sitting my email box for an hour now. So it took them all of 15 minutes to get them to me.

The schematics confirm that two of the valves are hot and cold drains. However they do not show me what the third one is for. I guess I'll just have to experiment with it and hope I don't flood something or worse.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
You said the pumps starts running when you flip the unknown valve. It could be a bypass used to draw winterizing antifreeze out of a container through the city water connection. (just guessing...my last rig had a valve for that)
Old 02-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #20

Another possibility is that valve allows you to fill your fresh tank from the city water connection. I have such a valve and when I use it, and I have the water pump switched on, the water pump runs. Close the valve, it stops.

Steve
Old 02-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMXDave View Post
You said the pumps starts running when you flip the unknown valve. It could be a bypass used to draw winterizing antifreeze out of a container through the city water connection. (just guessing...my last rig had a valve for that)
Through City water? Are you talking about into the sewage drain lines? If so that might be. I'll check it out after work today. My Black and Gray tanks are empty and so is the sewage drain line so it should be easy to notice if water is being pumped into there.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalone View Post
Through City water? Are you talking about into the sewage drain lines? If so that might be. I'll check it out after work today. My Black and Gray tanks are empty and so is the sewage drain line so it should be easy to notice if water is being pumped into there.
Changes the city water inlet into a suction point by flipping a valve and sticking a short hose on there into a bucket of AF....lets you winterize the entire water system. (I'm just guessing here remember,,,MY last rig had this) I doubt you will find any rig with any sort of a connection from the fresh water to the black or grey systems....not safe.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
on mine there's a valve that lets me fill my fresh water tank from the fresh water inlet; I'm guessing that's it, my pump runs when it's turned on and I do that.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #24

The 3 handles are low point drains used to drain the water lines when winterizing.

PHESPE
Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

The left hand valve opens a connection back into the fresh water tank. It's purpose is to allow the fresh tank to be filled when the RV is connected to city water (hose). The pump should be turned off during filling with that valve open, or it will run continuously for no purpose. In fact, it interferes somewhat with filling.

The other two are obviously drains and my guess would be they are the hot and cold low point drains, used to empty out the hot & cold water lines. If you turn the pump on when they are open, wter should squirt out under pressure. If pump is off, the flow should continue but under gravity fed only.

If turning the pump on does not change the rate of flow from those two valves, they are draining from the fresh tank, but there is no reason to have two doing the same thing.

There is no valve that dumps water straight into the black or gray tanks or drains. If you want water for sewer flushing purposes, run a faucet (for gray water flow) or flush the toilet (black water flow).
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Shall we say it 4 times?

That left handle lets the water tank fill from the city water hose inlet.
Normally the water inlet feeds the system but doesn't fill the belly tank.
Fleetwoods will also have a gravity fill, usually on the passenger side.