Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Easy way to clean your tires with no water!

When I bought my mh the tires had not been cleaned in some time. They were brown instead of black. I tried my best to get one clean with soap and water, scrubbing with a stiff brush. I think it just made it mad because it actually looked worse. While I was sitting there all disgruntled a friend of mine came up and ask what I was doing. I explained to him and he said " go to Dollar General and get a spray can of NO TOUCH tire cleaner its cheap and good" I got it and sprayed it on and sat there watching the foam desolve the brown away and turned the tires a rich black and left dressing on the tire. Did all and they looked great. As it is at a storage lot with no water now, thats how I clean and apply dressing. Just spray on and watch it work. It is amazing! Just thought I would pass it on.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #2

What kind of dressing did it leave on the tires?
Dressing drys out the tires and causes premature weather checking.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
There are some that are harmful to your tires. If you look up No Touch on the web it will tell you more about the product. It actually leaves a satin shine or finish on the tires. It also protects against uv rays and prevents cracking.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Fan View Post
If you look up No Touch on the web it will tell you more about the product.
I looked at several sites and found nothing about what is in it. Does the can tell you anything about the contents? ...looking for petroleum distillates. They claim to be the original tire care formula which makes me suspect that it might contain PDs. Also found that it should be available at Advance Auto and Walmart.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Here is a link (I hope I did it right) to the data sheet that lists the ingredients. Is this product safe to use?

http://www.itwgbcs.com/pdf/msds/noTo...0US-ITW-GB.pdf

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzocfi View Post
Here is a link (I hope I did it right) to the data sheet that lists the ingredients. Is this product safe to use?

http://www.itwgbcs.com/pdf/msds/noTo...0US-ITW-GB.pdf
The ingredient that does the shine is a form of silicone, which many say attracts dirt. There is discussion of two kinds of silicone, with the solvent based version (MDS) being the really bad guy. The type in this product (Polydimethylsiloxane or PDMS) is the "good"/better/less bad silicone. However, I note that it is very similar in makeup to Armor All (which also contains PDMS), which I would NOT use.

Normally, the "safe to use" product will clearly say on the container "contains no petroleum distillates." Personally, I will avoid any silicone based tire dressings.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks AFChap. Will steer away as well.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
The ingredient that does the shine is a form of silicone, which many say attracts dirt. There is discussion of two kinds of silicone, with the solvent based version (MDS) being the really bad guy. The type in this product (Polydimethylsiloxane or PDMS) is the "good"/better/less bad silicone. However, I note that it is very similar in makeup to Armor All (which also contains PDMS), which I would NOT use.

Normally, the "safe to use" product will clearly say on the container "contains no petroleum distillates." Personally, I will avoid any silicone based tire dressings.
Sorry you have such a negative attitude about a product you have never used and really don't know that much about. It did not leave any residue like armor all and when you wipe it with your hand after drying it does not come off like other tire dressing. It really does get tires clean. I really don't care wheather you or anybody else uses it. I was just trying to suggest a product that works very well for people that need to clean there tires where they don't have access to water!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Fan View Post
Sorry you have such a negative attitude about a product you have never used and really don't know that much about. It did not leave any residue like armor all and when you wipe it with your hand after drying it does not come off like other tire dressing. It really does get tires clean. I really don't care wheather you or anybody else uses it. I was just trying to suggest a product that works very well for people that need to clean there tires where they don't have access to water!
And I for one say THANKS !!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a friend in the tire business. He always advised not to use Armor All on your tires. He recommended No Touch to me years ago. I have used it on my car tires. I try only to use 303 Protectant on my motorhome tires since that is the only stuff recommended by Michelin, for example, for their motorhome tires.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #11

iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks Bama Fan I'll give it a try.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
No touch is made by Permatex. It contains no cfc's. It leaves a satin finish and not a shiney finish. This is what it says on the can:

Features & Benefits
This original, patented formula established the one step tire care category. Leaves a rich, satin finish and a protective barrier that prevents surface cracking and discoloration while helping to repel dirt, dust and moisture.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRoadie
As with all advice... "It is worth what you pay for it..."

Some will use and like a product while other self-proclaimed "experts" will rundown any product discussed. Human nature sure can be confusing.

If it works for you GREAT, if it dont thats great, as well, but no need to shoot the messenger.

Personally 303 has done all I wanted, needed, and paid for for over 35 years of RVing and I say "To each their own".

Give advice freely
Ignore the naysayers
Read your Owner's manuals
Enjoy the great Lifestyle

I do not suffer from mental illness, I rather enjoy it daily...
Old 05-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I used to use that on my one ton dually truck tires........The sides cracked wery badly like the days I would use Armour All. It's everyone personal choice. I did source some 303 Aerospace Protectant because of the high recommends everyone gives it. I spray it on and wipe off real good, not to leave too much excess on the tire .................
Looks great.

Tags
tires, water