RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2018, 03:59 PM   #1

EEZ TPMS - Poor CS

This morning one (1) of the sensors on our MH failed to register with the monitor. This same sensor failed to register a month ago. So I replaced the battery with a new battery and re-registered the sensor for that tire. About 15 minutes later, the monitor showed all dashes (----) for that tire. We stopped, removed the sensor and checked the tire pressure. TP was good. I replaced the sensor and it registered with the monitor, but once again after about 15 minutes, the sensor reading was all dashes for that tire.

While fueling a while later, I removed and replaced this sensor and once again it registered only to fail again.

I've placed two (2) batteries in this sensor in the last 30 days.

Since our EEZ T515 TPMS is still under warranty, I called EEZ customer service. They suggested I swap batteries with another sensor and see if the problem persists. While opening the problem sensor, the antenna wire was loose. So I called EEZ CS and they suggested I try to solder the wire back into place since a loose antenna wire is not covered in their warranty.

I said this loose wire may have been why the sensor was failing while driving but working while stationary. CS was not interested in helping me. So I can attempt to solder the antenna wire back into place or order a new sensor EVEN THOUGH my TPMS system is still under warranty.

I regret buying this product.

Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #2

What do the warranty terms state is covered and not covered? If you don't have those ask CS to send you a copy showing where the antenna is not covered. I think the CS agent you spoke to if full of BS.

BTW - I have that same TPMS (although it came with coach - bought by PO) and thankfully have not had any issues with it.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:11 PM   #3

Sorry to hear about your poor customer service, my experience has been quite the opposite. They have replaced the main unit and 1 sensor, no questions asked.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:14 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
My dealing with eez has been good

I think it is a small operation with few employees.
Charles L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles L View Post
I think it is a small operation with few employees.
OK, so it does not require that much man power to put the OPs new sensor in a padded bag and mail it to him.

OP, i would try to call again, and tell them to show you in writing where the warranty does not cover soldering, sounds like some BS to me.

I would solder the wire myself and when the replacement sensor comes have it as a back up.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:34 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
I own one of these, and wouldn't buy one again. This story not even factoring in, the batteries go quickly, and I don't like how the screen rotates between the tires so you have to stare at it for awhile to get all the read outs.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
I own one of these, and wouldn't buy one again. This story not even factoring in, the batteries go quickly, and I don't like how the screen rotates between the tires so you have to stare at it for awhile to get all the read outs.

Hello Mike. Are you using a TPMS and if so, could you share with me the product?
Old 07-20-2018, 08:08 PM   #8

Thanks Forum People for your guidance and suggestions. I've written a letter to one of the company's owner's whose name is Tom Robertson (I think). If he's not an owner, he'll know the owners. I've explained our situation as described above and said that I believe EEZ should honor their warranty on this sensor. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, we've soldered the antenna back onto the sensor and it seems to be working while the MH is stable. We'll see what happens when we drive it for a few miles.

If EEZ doesn't honor the warranty, we probably buy a replacement sensor from them which rubs me the wrong way. However, we've grown accustomed to the peace of mind of having a TPMS for the MH and Toad. If parts continue to fail or the if the monitor fails, we certainly buy a new TPMS from some other company.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Use the button to advance. I can view all 8 tires in 30 seconds or less.
Charles L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:31 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxless View Post
Hello Mike. Are you using a TPMS and if so, could you share with me the product?

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Except with the older black screen, I just bought it last year. It also frequently has a problem with the power cable rattling out.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:32 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles L View Post
Use the button to advance. I can view all 8 tires in 30 seconds or less.

That all works of course, if your not doing 70. I'd have to lean too far forward to get to it and it's not safe. I'd much prefer to see all read outs for all tires at a glance especially while driving.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:43 PM   #12

Quote:
That all works of course, if your not doing 70. I'd have to lean too far forward to get to it and it's not safe. I'd much prefer to see all read outs for all tires at a glance especially while driving.

Are there any on the market that does that?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #13

No need to read the pressures, once you set your parameters it will alarm and then flash the problem tire, you donít need to stare at it.
Poohbear7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear7278 View Post
No need to read the pressures, once you set your parameters it will alarm and then flash the problem tire, you donít need to stare at it.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms