Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4
Electric Question for Fleetwood MH

Hi! I am new to all this and am in possession of an abandoned 1991 Fleetwood Bounder MH. I am trying to see if the electric system is working but I do not have the proper extension cord to plug in because the Fleetwood has a recessed and covered 3 prong connection on the drivers side. It says "30 amp 125V" and has 3 prongs in a triangular shape. Where can I buy a cord to plug this baby in and how do I describe it to a dealer? What is it called, I guess I am asking? Thanks all.

martyc57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Junior Member
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
I am thinking that you have a male plug and need an extension. If so it is called a 30 amp extension cord. Just to check it out I would buy a 30 amp adapter which would change to a three prong normal plug to plug a regular extension cord into it.

dbhoggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Senior Member
Senior Chief's Avatar

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere in the woods in Belfair, WA, WA
Posts: 1,250
You need to look for a 30 amp extension cord, plus a "dogbone" connector to go from 30 amps to 15 amps, so you can plug this into a conventional house outlet. Both of these are available at Walmart, or any RV store, or online on Amazon (plus a million other sites)

I am surprised the 30 amp power cord is not hard-wired into your rig.
Life rocks when your house rolls
Senior Chief
& the Cheese Queen

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Senior Member
Rick Long's Avatar
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Some Place
Posts: 1,161
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Here is what you need...
Marinco - Marinco GripLock 30 Amp Right Angle Locking Cordset, 30 ft. - Electrical Cords - Camping World
Shop for a better price on this...

then you need this...
if you want to plug into a standard 15 map house hold plug
1999 Fleetwood Bounder 32H
Many Places Full Time
No Dog * No Cat * No Co-Pilot
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4
Thank you all!

Thanks everyone for the tips on electric cord adaptors for my Fleetwood MH. I already ordered one from Amazon!
martyc57 is offline   Reply With Quote


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric usage ralper Going Green 10 01-06-2011 02:04 PM
Heat Pumps vs. Electric space heaters Mtn.Mike Class A Motorhome Discussions 43 12-31-2010 09:39 AM
Electric or Hydraulic Jacks on Class A?? WesBoy Class A Motorhome Discussions 5 08-09-2010 09:49 AM
Newby electric question Mulepick Truck Camper Discussion 2 03-10-2008 02:25 PM
Hydro Hot electric question dshogman Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 3 12-26-2007 02:40 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.