Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Electrical cable hatch

I have a 2004 Gulfstream and so far I have replace the electrical cable hatch three times. the only ones I can seem to find are made very cheaply with plastic hinges the break very easy. I have searched the internet and some are listed as heavy duth but they are just cheap plastic also. Is there a source somewhere that I can purchase a good strong one that will last a few years? Or have some of you found another way to remedy this problem.

darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 AM   #2
I know exactly what you mean. Here is what I use when customers ask about this:
Garage Door Exhaust Port Air Vent

94-Newmar Kountry Star 40-KSDP
Spartan/Cummins 8.3C-300HP/Allison 3060 WTEC-II/25yr RV Tech RVIA Certified/Onan-Cummins Certified
94-Newmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thought I answered this one twice already.

IN one of the forums where you posted. I linked to my suggestion. A fuel door..

These do not have the cut out for the cable to exit when the hatch is closed but you could easily maching such a cut out in and then mount the plastic door to the metal one so you use it's sliding or moving slot cover.

Also, I have such a hatch I use to pass my Cat-5 to the Wi-Fi modem up the flagpole.. It is 8 years old and no tribble at all. Different kind of hinge (Pin type not flex).
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am not so much worried about critters getting in when I am out camping somewhere but when it is in storage. I could always stuff a rag around the cord when it is open. This looks to be the best I have found so far.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote