Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you have a load shedding device unplug the rv and turn the battery banks off for about a minute. Might be a chance the shedder is confused. It could be a bad load shedding relay as well. Which model of Sightseer do you have? Winnebago has excellent schematics I am looking at. Exactly which outlets are not working?

Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #16
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just realized something.

You said everything save 2 outlets and the TV's.

If so it may have a circuit breaker hidding on it's outside as well.

Often a post type (PUSH in to reset) and often where you can not easily see it due to a techinican who fails to take into account the need to push the button.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

LOL, I think I covered that way back in the beginning of the thread in the first reply;-) . It has happened to me.
Mike Canter
"Gunner" USN Retired, Airdale
2004 Monaco Signature 44' Conquest. Detroit 60
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #18
Newmar Owners Club
After reading the entire thread, the most likely answer has already been provided. The inverter breaker (most likely 30 AMP) has tripped. Inverters and portable heaters are like oil and water. Connect portable heaters only to outlets that receive power directly from the shore or generator connection. Do not connect portable heaters to outlets powered by an inverter.

Because you are connected to 30 AMP service, running more than one portable heater will be difficult. Those little heaters on the high setting can draw 15 AMPS each.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
There are several things involved with this so read through and try to grasp all thats being said:
1) For reference, TOC of wiring diagrams for your 2011 Sightseer 35J coach are located here: Table of Contents

2) The one of main interest is the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Diagram: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_176724.pdf

3) As shown on the 110 VAC diagram, the circuits you are having a problem with are feed via the Xantrex Pro 1000 Watt Inverter. This inverter can either pass 110VAC shore power to the circuits or supply power to them ffrom the battery.

4) You said you are currently connected to 30 amp service. Those adaptors typically connect the 30 amp L1 lead to both L1 and L2 leads on the 50 amp plug. Reffering to the 110VAC diagram, that allows current to be feed through the ATS switch to both 50 AMP AC (Main) breakers in your coach AC distribution panel.

5)For 50 amp coach systems, loads are divided between the L1 and L2 shore power circuits by the way the AC circuit breakers are connected inside the AC Distribution panel. For your coach, the left hand 50 amp breaker (Red) feed the Recps 3 (Purple) breaker which feeds 120VAC to the inverter. The output of the inverter feeds the TV's and recepticles you are having a problem with.

Based on pdf page 50 the Xantrex Pro 1000W manual (http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Pow...C(artwork).pdf) the inverter should pass 120VAC to the circuits if it is available whether it is ON or OFF.

There looks to be 2 paths for 110VAC from the Recps 3 (purple) AC breaker. If no voltage is at those recepticles then your back at the AC panel. Make sure the Recep 3 breaker is on and the left hand 50 amp breaker is ON. I am fairly sure the microwave and fridge (AC Mode) are also feed by that 50 amp breaker.
Hope this information helps.

Dave in Virginia
1978 Winnebago Chieftain
Dodge M400 - 440-3
Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #20
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have a 2011 Winnebago Sightseer with 50 amp service.
we have a xantrex built in inverter. The inverter was turned off. The problem is we are hooked up to a 30 amp service not 50amp service.
Now we get rest of the story.
Only on 30 AMP service trying to run 2 space heaters.
That usually will never work if both heaters are set to HIGH.

I run 2 space heaters on my 30 AMP service only MH all the time.
But the only way without blowing breakers is to use both on their lower setting. Never both on the 1500W.

Some can have 1500W/750W or 1500W/1200W settings and some only the 1500W one.

I use 2 of the 1500W/1200W ones on the 1200W setting with my Remote Power Share for the 1000W Inverter/Charger set on 15 AMP.
Or I can run just one on the 1500W setting, without breakers tripping.

NEVER Run both set on 1500W with only 30 AMP service.

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote