Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2007, 10:52 PM   #1

Greetings from So. Calif., in the Inland Empire. I'm a brand new forum member and I'm delighted to be here.

I recently retired and bought a beautiful 1995 Pace Arrow 35W with all the fixin's (and even more extras like double paned glasa windows, etc.). I picked it up yesterday.

It has 63,007 miles, 1,340 hours on the Marquis 7000 generator, wsa garaged continually except when used, and babied to the teeth. (Don't they all have teeth now?)

I have every piece of paper ever generated on the coach including the Owner's Manual and stacks of other information. But, here's the problem .....

I can't find out to turn on the water pump! It's nowhere in the Owner's Manual, no where in the SureFlow brochure, and I can't even rinse my hands let alone use the rest room! I've pushed every toggle switch and button I can find. No luck.

By ANY chance does anyone know how to turn on the water pump in a 1995 Pace Arrow?

Thanks so much!

Lizzie

and it's been a long time since I owned my new 1986 Bounder, so I need a refresher course on general operation of things.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:52 PM   #2

Greetings from So. Calif., in the Inland Empire. I'm a brand new forum member and I'm delighted to be here.

I recently retired and bought a beautiful 1995 Pace Arrow 35W with all the fixin's (and even more extras like double paned glasa windows, etc.). I picked it up yesterday.

It has 63,007 miles, 1,340 hours on the Marquis 7000 generator, wsa garaged continually except when used, and babied to the teeth. (Don't they all have teeth now?)

I have every piece of paper ever generated on the coach including the Owner's Manual and stacks of other information. But, here's the problem .....

I can't find out to turn on the water pump! It's nowhere in the Owner's Manual, no where in the SureFlow brochure, and I can't even rinse my hands let alone use the rest room! I've pushed every toggle switch and button I can find. No luck.

By ANY chance does anyone know how to turn on the water pump in a 1995 Pace Arrow?

Thanks so much!

Lizzie

and it's been a long time since I owned my new 1986 Bounder, so I need a refresher course on general operation of things.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:21 AM   #3

I have found that the quickest way to get these types of questions answered is from the horses mouth.

See Fleetwood's contact info below:

Best method of inquiry for Customer Services: Our call center is open 5 days a week to serve you. Hours: M-F 8:00am-5:00pm ET.
Call 800-322-8216.

-OR-

E-mail Us at:

http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/contact/contact_mh.aspx
Old 10-19-2007, 01:52 AM   #4

Welcome to the site.
I would guess the switch would be a rocker style somewhere near main switch panel, maybe near hot water heater switch?? Just guessing but hope you luck.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:40 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Lizzie, welcome to iRV2.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but as others have suggested, the water pump switch is usually located in the kitchen, bath, or near other switches.

I'm going to link your post to the Fleetwood forum to see if we can rustle up an answer for you.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:06 AM   #6

My Bounder, 2007, has a rocker switch near every faucet. Try checking under the kitchen sink and then at other faucet locations.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:31 AM   #7

I don't know if this helps, but on my 1998 there are 3 switches. One on the range vent, one on the bathroom vanity cabinet, uner the sink and finally one in the compartment where the pump is located
Old 10-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #8

Pace Arrow always has one in the bathroom. If you have pushed-pulled or flipped every switch you can find, your pump may not be working. Locate the pump and short the wires to see if it is working.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #9

My rig had a defective switch in the outside utility enclosure. If the switch wasn't in the right position, the inside switches would not work.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:24 PM   #10

WOW - I can;r believe all the wonderful responses so quickly! Thank you ALL very sincerely! I see I'm on the right forum!!!

I tried to follow everyone's advice but still had no luck. I followed the Fleetwood link and sent an email to them, but no reply yet.

I do have the switch in the bath for the toilet but it works only briefly, and the utility hose to the side of the toilet won't work at all.

In desperation, I was waiting at Camping World when they opened. After a strange conversation with a young man wearing earrings everywhere, including BOTH SIDES of his nose, I was advised it would be $59.99 for someone to walk 10 feet to my coach and show me where the switch is. I persisted and then received the news that I needed a $250 walk-around to learn everything about my coach. Hanging in there with a smile, and staying calm, I STILL persisted, then was told that I needed a new water pump, obviously mine isn't working.

I left then, and had a nice little chat with the Service Mangaer about the young man wearing more jewelry than I've seen in my lifetime.

The Service Manager was very apologetic and went immediately to my coach to help.

I have the Range Hood Monitor Panel, and on that Panel is the WATER PUMP switch. I kept pushing that and would get water for 30 seconds, then it would turn off.

The Service Manager got the same result, but as luck would have it, I reached up to push it .... just the way I'd been pushing it all along ...... and BINGO .... it became obvious what I was doing wrong!

I was pushing the top of the toggle switch and HOLDING IT DOWN for a few seconds - then turning on the faucet, got water for 30 seconds and it would stop.

I kept pushing it harder and harder, then repeatedly, but then nothing would happen. The SM got the same results .... until he saw me holding the switch down.

I was turning the pump ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF so it wouldn't work. Holding it down automatically turns it off.

The switch needs to just be TOUCHED once, quickly ... then, there's about a 30 second delay before water starts coming out of the faucet!!!! We tested it over and over again .... and had to just leave the faucet handle up (on)and watch it several times.

The Service Manager said it was the first switch like that he'd ever seen! Indeed, on my new '86 Bounder the switch simply went on or off. Period.

I was so happy the SM had help figure it out that I decided not to cancel all my memberships with them, after all!

Are any of you ladies and gentlemen familiar with that particular water pump switch/function? And, why do you suppose the Owner's Manual or the pump brochure doesn't explain how to do it? Especially, since it's a different operation from all others?

Thank you all so very much for you terrific help!

Lizzy
no longer in a tizzy .....

1995 Pace Arrow 35WW-1
2005 Chevy Astro Van
2007 Pair of Tennies with wheelsd!
Old 10-20-2007, 02:05 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LIZpendenz:
WOW - I can;r believe all the wonderful responses so quickly! Thank you ALL very sincerely! I see I'm on the right forum!!!

I tried to follow everyone's advice but still had no luck. I followed the Fleetwood link and sent an email to them, but no reply yet.

Thank you all so very much for you terrific help!

Lizzy
no longer in a tizzy .....

1995 Pace Arrow 35WW-1
2005 Chevy Astro Van
2007 Pair of Tennies with wheelsd! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lizzy,

Glad to hear you've got it figured out. What I have found so far is that RV manufactures seem to prefer a phone call to an email. On the phone they can usually on the initial call put to rest what would require several emails and move on. Plus you don't have to wait a business day or so between replies as an added bonus. Fleetwood has an 800 number so the call does not cost you either.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:06 AM   #12
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WOW - I can;r believe all the wonderful responses so quickly! Thank you ALL very sincerely! I see I'm on the right forum!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what sets us apart from all the other forums.

Glad you got the water pump switch caper resolved.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:50 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
never had any luck with email to fleetwood ,go to fleetwood enterprises on the web and call customer service they are very responsive
Old 10-20-2007, 08:38 AM   #14

Hi Neil,

I really should have called them, instead of emailing them. I will certainly do so in the future if the need arises. In fact, I did find more info in the Owner's Manual, but it was completely different than it now works.

I think I will now call Fleetwood for their input.

Unfortunately, I have a few more questions which I'll post under their appropriate topic.

I'm so glad to be here with all of you - can't waiat to share my travel adventures with you!

Happy Trails!

Lizzy