Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #43

One of the 1st few trips after purchase. Packing up after a weekend which we had some rain, I was standing outside the drivers door (Why do they not have them anymore?) working my levelers and slide control. My back was to the extended slide as I reached in to retract it, and as I did ...wooooosh 5-10 gallons of cold water right down the back of my head. The Slide awning collected the rain and dumped it off as it rolled in with the slide!
I ALWAYS drop my rear jacks , from inside , with the door closed ,then lift it back level and retract the slide! Even AC condensation can accumulate over a weekend.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #44

One more .... Went boondocking 1st time. Fired up the generator and go inside. Nothing working, ask a freind who also has a Winny if this has happenned to him. He says" Did you plug it in?" I look at him like he's an idiot and tell him "No I didn't plug it in , we have no power , thats why I ran the generator!" He walks over and plugs my 30a cord into the generator plug. Mmmmmmmmm Bar b qued CROW !

Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBFlTmer View Post
In a 95 Winnebago Adventurer 30WQ, you can leave the bathroom door open for a little extra room to change. You can stand so that you can't be seen out the passenger bedroom window. But did you know that the closet mirror across from the bathroom aligns perfectly to reflect the bathroom area out the DRIVER's side bedroom window? I did not know that....I do now...as do some campers in a nice campground in Ontario. :-/
Yup done that !
Old 08-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullin' Chocks View Post
Great thread, here is our contribution from today. Dumped the dishpan down the toilet this morning as usual, but missed a spoon that went down the toilet. We needed to dump and decided best course was to try to get the spoon out first to avoid a spoon jamming the black tank valve. Bought a pack of magnets at Lowes, added some nylon string and duct tape and had a fishing magnet. Caught that spoon on the third cast! I think I had a nibble on the second cast. We were able to dump immediately after the successful fishing expedition.
Jeez, done that too! I just let her flow on out though. (Had a nibble.... lmao!!!)
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 AM   #47

I have done lots to qualify for this blog but one comes to mind and I didn't do it.
A few years ago while camping at a state park with rain all weekend, saw a newby camper. The new campers had a brand new TT DH, DW and baby. They had deployed awning and did not allow for rain drainage. The sun finally made its appearance on Sunday so this family started to prepare to leave. The baby was in his playpen and yup you can see what's next, dad had put the playpen just even with the end of the awning. Dad grabs awning strut closest to kid, pushes reliese button and about 30 gallons of awning stored rain water gives baby a shower! Baby cries, mom exits rv, loud cussing heard from mom, mom scoops up baby and disappears into rv. Looks like a cold ride home for dad.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post

brilliant. *WHEN* I make this mistake again problem solved.
Ha! I stole that idea from another forum member. How do we think of this stuff? Lol
davidjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Ok, so dumping in a park-fine. We're all in this lifestyle together-even the million dollar rigs have to empty the .....you know. But out in public at those travel centers? In front of the uninitiated masses? Those glaring eyes with that, "You really save that stuff in a tank and drive places with it" look of incredulity? Anybody else feel a bit selfconscious? Like you want a sign that says,"No, really, I'm a respectable member of my community," or "No, I am NOT Clark Griswald's cousin and NO, Robin William's geyser is not about to happen so you can stop staring. Nothing to see here!"

Can't wait to get back to the campground...
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
One more .... Went boondocking 1st time. Fired up the generator and go inside. Nothing working, ask a freind who also has a Winny if this has happenned to him. He says" Did you plug it in?" I look at him like he's an idiot and tell him "No I didn't plug it in , we have no power , thats why I ran the generator!" He walks over and plugs my 30a cord into the generator plug. Mmmmmmmmm Bar b qued CROW !
Drove about 250 miles in 90+ weather using only chassis AC to get to a point where I could check my coach AC units because they were not cooling. It was miserable since we also had our daughter, son-in-law and 2 small grandchildren along. Once we arrived (with a lot of hostility) I had to admit, you guessed it, I had failed to plug the cord back int the generator plug. More hostility....!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Remember those really big cab over campers that hung over the back of the truck about 6 feet? Pendleton Oregon, 1969.

I was in line at the drive-in behind one. He started to move forward and then sorta lurched and stopped, then came the sound of squealing tires, then large amounts of tire smoke.

Suddenly the whole rig jumped forwards about 25 feet and the back of the camper bursts open as a 2x6 and a rain gutter shot out of the very large hole.

It was the fascia of the buildings over hang, not enough clearance. Pretty much destroyed the camper, probably ended the camping trip too.

oldcouple is offline   Reply With Quote