Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have had Good Sam ERS for several years. And have used it several times for both cars and motorhome. Good service, no problems.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by choo choo 1 View Post
i have recently had the chance to use my allstate plan,twice in one weekend.frist time was when i needed towed,called allstate and got someone from india that i could'nt understand,she could'nt even find the route number i was stranded on.hung up on her and called my agent.i was told buy my agent that the best they could do was a hour and a half because their only tow truck was being worked on.had to arrange my own tow,was told by my agent that i would be reimbursed.still waiting!
this is a follow up to my allstate towing ordeal.i ended up getting stiffed for $125.00,needless to say i cancelled my towing with them & my auto too.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #17

I have Road America with Phoenix American Warranty Company. Haven't had the need to use them yet. Has anybody had any experience with them?

I read "Mounted Spare" a couple of times. I carry an un-mounted spare. My contract says they will "replace the tire with the spare". Does that mean they would remove and replace a bad tire with my un-mounted spare? If not covered, will they do it at my cost, instead of being towed? I tow a 20' enclosed and as I understand it, I would be responsible for the towing of it.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #18

I have had GS for the last 3 years and have not had to use it.
Our friends however had the suspention in their nearly new 5er come apart on the highway in California. They have GS and called for assistance.
Long story short, after sending out 3 different towing companies they got their rig into a shop for repairs. The first two companies that came out did not understand the complexity of the situation and declined service so GS sent another until the 3rd finally were able to haul the 5er and truck to the shop.
They were very impressed with GS and how they handled the situation and will remain GS loyal I'm sure.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #19

During the late afternoon on the Thursday before Labor Day we started out on a trip to the Lake Okeechobee area for the weekend. We got as far as the on ramp to I-95 before warning lites and alarms went off. Turned out to be the belt tensioner had seized up.I limped back home with the serpentine belt hanging and snapped. HD, 75 ton wrecker ($$$$) was dispatched by Coach Net the following morning and towed MH about 20 miles to Cummins dealer. The wrecker driver was excellent and new what he was doing which helped keep my anxiety level to a minimum.Bottom line, no out of pocket expense for any of it aside from the $20 I gave the driver.I can't say enough good about Coach Net at this point. We made it to our destination a day late but happy.
This tow could easily have cost us serious bucks had it not been for Coach Net. I'm not knocking other road service plans but I know for sure what I get with Coach Net.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
I've had GS service, since I purchased the RV, five years ago. I had to use them once, when I got bad fuel (water in the diesel). They sent a mechanic from Lakewales, FL, to Melbourne, FL, where I was camped. That's over 100 miles! The mechanic did his magic and I was able to get home, without any trouble. The next time I called them, I had a blow-out on I-75, just outside Ft. Myers. The came in less than an hour, put my unmounted spare on and I was on the road within 2 hours of the blowout. So, I'm staying with them for now.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
interesting stories but what I find missing is there is no mention of AAA. Why? They have service for Rvers. I feel they have a more complete coverage of the country than all the others which should lead to a quicker response.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #22

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouddancer View Post
interesting stories but what I find missing is there is no mention of AAA. Why? They have service for Rvers. I feel they have a more complete coverage of the country than all the others which should lead to a quicker response.
AAA RV service is not the same across the country. Some regional AAA organizations do not offer RV service. Your local AAA will likely reimburse you after the event but you may be on your own finding road service.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #23
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If I have a flat and I'm not carrying a spare (mounted or not) what happens? Do I get towed to the nearest RV tire dealer? We currently have Good Sam, but having read this thread we're thinking of switching to Coach-Net at the next renewal.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #24

I agree with the previous poster that AAA RV service can be very good or non existent. I have found it prudent to have two RV road service contracts. It's a small price to pay for piece of mind. Good Sam, Coach-Net and AAA all have pro and cons. Choose two and you are set. AAA tends to be a bit expensive, but they do have the tour books, maps, etc.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
If I have a flat and I'm not carrying a spare (mounted or not) what happens? Do I get towed to the nearest RV tire dealer? We currently have Good Sam, but having read this thread we're thinking of switching to Coach-Net at the next renewal.
When my contract was explained to me, even if I had an un-mounted spare, I would have to be towed to the nearest repair facility. My contract says: "Removal of the flat tire and its replacement with the spare tire." What I don't know is if an un-mounted tire is considered "the" spare tire. If I have a flat, I'm not going to tell the warranty company I have an un-mounted spare, but I will tell the repair service such. Also, my contract doesn't cover towing of a towed vehicle. I just don't want to get towed.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #26

I had coach net on my class A and never needed to call them. That was a good thing. Happy to pay them and not have to use them if you know what I mean.
I have coach net now on my class 8 rig now since March. Last Sunday I took a left hand turn too sharp and ran off te road. Had to call CoachNet for a winch out. With in two hours I was back on the road with no cost to me. Thank you Coach Net for your service!!!!!! Good Job!!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #27

After reading this thread I poked around Coach nets web site but I could not find a contact telephone number . My question to those of you who have them do they accept older Class C RV's? (75 Itasca old)
Old 10-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #28

Grog,
You can try calling memeber services at 877-801-0333 or
concierge services at 800-421-2255

Good luck