Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #29

Triple E Owners Club
I have Good Sam ERS. I will be switching to Coach Net. Reason, 2009 broke down in my drive way, lucky. Good Sam said I would have a tow truck by 0830 the following morning. Well around 1600 hours the next day, here comes the truck. The driver told me that they had been "dickering" around on the payment since 0800. I ask them who they used? We have a contract with Coach Net. 2010, flat tire in Northern Idaho, waited for 5 hours. Driver told me the same thing as the tow truck driver. 2012, a friend of mine broke down near Ellensburg, WA. 97 degree heat along I-90. He had to wait for 6 hours on a tow truck. Once again the same old story. As a matter of fact, the driver told my friend that Good Sam had called him about thirty minutes after my friend had called Good Sam and they refused his charges. 5 hours later they call the driver back and accepted his terms.

OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
dunner: I would think a repair truck would have a breaker bar and equipment to take your flat tire off the rim, put your new one on and remount it.

The exception could be if it is a driver's side flat and you are on a narrow shoulder with cars whizzing by and not enough room to do the repair safely.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #31

Have used Good Sam twice and both times they did a excellent job. Once I locked my keys in the truck. Was out of phone service and used a local garage. Call Good Sam they sent me a form to fill out and sent me a check for the total amount.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
dunner: I would think a repair truck would have a breaker bar and equipment to take your flat tire off the rim, put your new one on and remount it.

The exception could be if it is a driver's side flat and you are on a narrow shoulder with cars whizzing by and not enough room to do the repair safely.
That's what I'm gonna ask when I talk to the repair truck people.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #33

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Usually the tire has to be mounted on a rim. If it's just an unmounted tire you'll have to pay extra for the mounting.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Just returned to the east coast from Wyoming.Blew a tire in Nebraska,GS was there within 15 min.to put my spare on,no charge.Then had a serpentine belt bearing on my Duramax sieze in Conn. a half hour from home,GS was there with a mobile repair truck within an hour with new bearing and serpentine belt and yes it did cost me for the parts and labor but it was a lot cheaper than setting up an appt. with a dealer and GS paid for the dispatch time.I'm a happy customer!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Usually the tire has to be mounted on a rim. If it's just an unmounted tire you'll have to pay extra for the mounting.
Better than getting towed and ruining my weekend and also having to pay for my enclosed to be towed.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #36

I switched to Coachnet also. Disappointed with GS, reason, travelling North had a hydraulic leak and called for service describing that I had an RV and problem. When mechanic arrived, he said he was a truck mechanic and did not know anything about rvís, charged service call and I made a temporary repair. When I reached destination contacted them again and explained situation. Promised to send correct service mechanic out next morning and he was a no show, contacted GS again said they would call back within the hour-no callback. Called local mechanic who fixed problem. I also e-mailed Lemonis, heard nothing for four months and then received a call from customer service manager who offered a three month extension on ERS but no reimbursement on service call for the wrong mechanic, finally after additional discussion offered a one year extension, but I told them I was still going to Coachnet. Sorry, I am done with them, can not afford this type of poor service while on the road. I guess it may depend on where you are on the road the type of service you get- on I75 heading North on first call in NC and outside Washington DC on second call. Every company can drop the ball but twice burned. JMHO
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've used AAA RV Plus since 2001 all over the US and twice in Canada and have always gotten excellent access.

2006 Four Winds 28A, Ford V10, E450 Toad 2000 Geo Tracker.
DogNPonyshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
We have used GS for 3 years now and not a problem. Have been towed twice and had to have service two other times. Excellent service and no cost for tows and reasonable prices for repairs. We will stay with GS.