Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2006, 05:36 AM   #1

I recently changed fuel filters on my 300 Cummins, and in the process got air in the fuel lines. I guess I left the ignition on too long while I was bleeding the air out, because after getting it started and running it for a while, when I went to shut it down nothing happened. After turning the key on and off several times I finally gave up and went back to the injector pump and manually shut it down. When I went back up front I noticed that some of the dash lights were still on even though the key was in the off position. I assumed I had fried the ignition switch , so I ordered a new OEM one from the manufacturer(Monaco).
Got the new switch and installed it and it still did the same thing ! I'm at a loss as to what to try next
If anybody has any ideas I'd sure like to hear from you!!

Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2006, 05:36 AM   #2

I recently changed fuel filters on my 300 Cummins, and in the process got air in the fuel lines. I guess I left the ignition on too long while I was bleeding the air out, because after getting it started and running it for a while, when I went to shut it down nothing happened. After turning the key on and off several times I finally gave up and went back to the injector pump and manually shut it down. When I went back up front I noticed that some of the dash lights were still on even though the key was in the off position. I assumed I had fried the ignition switch , so I ordered a new OEM one from the manufacturer(Monaco).
Got the new switch and installed it and it still did the same thing ! I'm at a loss as to what to try next
If anybody has any ideas I'd sure like to hear from you!!

Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:26 AM   #3

Sounds like a fuel shutoff selinoid (sp?). I read about this on other Cummns forums about trucks.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #4

Or an ignition power relay stuck.

Time to break out the wiring manuals.

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
It sounds like you may have a "run" relay that's energized by the ignition switch in the ignition "on" position. If the contacts on this relay weld themselves together, the Cummins' shutdown solenoid wouldn't de-energize and any other circuits tied to this relay would remain energized as well.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote