Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #1

Entry Door Removal

I apologize but have been unable to find Door Removal info via search. I need to remove the entry door assembly (door and frame) to gain about 1 inch of clearance for replacement of the reefer. Can someone describe (or point me to pics or video) how the entire assembly is removed? The vehicle is a 1997 HR Endeavor. Thanks, Bruce
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	door.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	32340  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #2

I can't help with door removal but a lot of refrigs are replace by removing a large window.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Bruce: Recently had my refrigerator replaced. I was concerned that by my measurements it would not fit through the door. Service writer said they remove the refrigerator doors or if that still doesn't work they remove a window, but that is seldom necessary... The remove and install new took about an hour & 1/2.. Through the door.
When my MH was new, they upgraded the whole main entry door assembly, so it is possible to remove one but hopefully it won't be necessary..
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Bruce: Recently had my refrigerator replaced. I was concerned that by my measurements it would not fit through the door. Service writer said they remove the refrigerator doors or if that still doesn't work they remove a window, but that is seldom necessary... The remove and install new took about an hour & 1/2.. Through the door.
When my MH was new, they upgraded the whole main entry door assembly, so it is possible to remove one but hopefully it won't be necessary..
Thanks but the entry door frame inside dimension is 23" and the narrowest dimension of the reefer is 23.6" .... close, no cigar. According to manufacturer the door rough opening is 24" (wide enough). I would prefer to remove the door/frame (assuming roughly same difficulty as window) so I don't need to do a "high lift". I'm sure I can figure out how the door is removed thru trial and error but I'm trying to get instructions so I don't damage old trim.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
On our '92 HR the door is held in with screws around the outside perimeter of the frame. They are covered by the vinyl strip around the door frame.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
On our '92 HR the door is held in with screws around the outside perimeter of the frame. They are covered by the vinyl strip around the door frame.
Thanks !!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
What BlackF350 4door said AND remove strike bolt and all of the hinge screws ''''be sure to use good sealant when reinstalling.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDooley View Post
What BlackF350 4door said AND remove strike bolt and all of the hinge screws ''''be sure to use good sealant when reinstalling.
Thanks ... starting removal tomorrow .... do the hinge screws go thru and into jam?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #9

A big THANKS !!! to those that provided directions. I have started the replacement and I'm trying to take pictures as it progresses.
Replace Dometic with Summit FF1152SS

On mine, there were 2 or 3 screws thru the jamb on the latch side but the strike bolt did not need to be removed. Also, the hinge screws did not need to be removed (they are short and do not go thru the jamb).

Tags
door, removal