Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #29

iRV2 No Limits Club
We own, and travel, full time in a……………………Travel trailer!!!

OH the horror of it!! ………..

You should all feel sorry for us, we must be poor. NOT

We have this rig, because it fits us, and our lifestyle the best. We chose this rig. No one or nothing forced us to buy it.

The view outside my window is exactly the same as outside the window of your million dollar coach.

Each person has their own needs. Accept that.

If you want to talk down to me or my rig, go ahead. Everything we own has been paid for since day one and we are still debt free 8 years later.

If you need to judge others by the rig they have, that just tells me you are not the person I want to associate with. Thanks letting me know before I waste any time with you.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I never worry about what someone says. To each there own. Personally I would never be able to say that to someone.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #31

On the one or two occasions where some high-end owner has tried to impress me by commenting about my 10 year old Winnie, I merely made a comment to the effect that "my wife doesn't care for the French Bordello look".

That usually stopped the conversation without my having to explain how she might have been familiar with such decor.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #32

I've had 6 RVs over 25 years, 5 were bought new, one was bought used, all were/are "entry level". They all have served my purposes and served me well. None of them ever had any "issues".
I never looked for any "higher quality" RV than what I ended up buying in each case.
Only yesterday, after reading this thread did I look at any "upper level" RV prices to compare to my latest buy, the 32 1/2' with one large slide out, entry level Itasca.
I went on the Born Free site and looked at their obviously very high quality motor homes. I saw they have a used 2014 23' no slide MH, with about 4,000 miles on it. The unit had an MSRP of $142,150 and they were asking $126,500 for the unit. I bought my new Itasca MH for about the difference between the MSRP of mine and the Born Free. Another way of looking at is that I could buy two of mine, for what they are asking for that used unit. Obviously a number of people think they are worth the kind of money they're asking, but I'm just not one of them.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

I guess I'm a snob cause I use that phrase fairly often. Usually in reply when somebody asks about "is this a quality RV"? To me it means your expectations for quality and amenities should be commensurate with the price paid. It never means it is unacceptable or that you can't have fun with it, but it does mean you won't be getting the same level of fit, finish and amenities as a Newell or a Marathon. Why is that offensive to anybody?

Like many of you, I've owned all types of RVs, and have bought at price ranges ranging from"entry" to "near luxury". I'll probably never get to the luxury class, but so what?
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #34

What should someone say to describe the different models x is the cheapest thenxx and then xxx and xxxx is the most expensive. I don't think saying something is a entry level rig is degrading. If you read a lot of post the samething happens to different brands. I would buy my xyz brand it's the best or I wouldn't own a xyz because they have a lot of trouble or cummins is better than caterpillar or vise versa. Bottom line is be happy with what you have and don't worry about what some people say I don't think it's out of being mean.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's offensive when someone with a "nicer" MH says it because it comes off as pure arrogance. It's the whole mine is better than yours thing. As discussed earlier it's all in the context. If someone says I am looking for an entry level coach it's one thing, when the guy next to you in the 45' DP says well that's a nice entry level rig it's completely different. Why the add on of entry level, why can't it just be you have a nice rig also?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
It don't bother me at all. My coach is an "entry level" Class A motorhome. It's my first motorhome, a 1990 34' Bounder, gas, with no slide-outs that is worth maybe 10K-15K but I have fixed it up and it has low miles. I'm just happy I can participate in fun camping adventures because if every RV costs $80K or more I couldn't be able to. Also, I am amazed at some of the beautiful six figure fancy motor homes that others have and consider it a privilege for others to show them to me. I know they have spent a lot of money and time on their motor-homes and they have a right to be proud of them. If bragging makes them feel better it doesn't bother me a bit. I know that their motorhome's are more expensive, newer, and nicer than mine is. But I don't live in it full time or anything and mine is cheaper to register, insure, and lighter and less expensive to move than theirs are too. I got the pink slip in my safe and I can go anywhere they can.
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:22 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigrrl View Post
I'd rather have my "entry level" coach and be debt free.
AMEN!!!! If you can't pay for it, you can't afford it and I don't care if its "entry" level or a space shuttle!!!
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor3000 View Post
AMEN!!!! If you can't pay for it, you can't afford it and I don't care if its "entry" level or a space shuttle!!!
Interesting to judge others in such a way.

Some might choose to keep their cash invested and use someone else's money. IMO it doesn't mean that they "can't afford" what they have.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #39

Who cares. You are probably much more interesting. And wiser too. That is why you just ignore these kinds of folks. They are not comfortable in their own skin. Their things are means for validation.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You are in charge of your feelings, you can't be offended unless you choose to do so. Just my opinion, yours can and probably will, be different.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
It's funny to me. I used to look at Prevost coaches and drool, but now I just think what a waste of money. I can afford more than I have, but I bought what I needed, not wanted. If someone considers it an entry level coach then they don't have to come in it, or enjoy the good times being had outside it. It's mine and I love it. I also hate the Fleetwood vs Winnebago vs Newmar vs Entegra, etc, etc. It gets old.

I'm with Brian! I got what I could pay cash for, and had what I wanted, very happy with what I have!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
I find the term entry level about the same as starter home. Both have no meaning other than to say you are starting. Best to start with something easy to change if you want to change and stay with if it suits you.

It is much easier to get a better return on your unit when you are trading up. Trading down can cost a lot.