Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow...I feel your pain...

Our Rv was flooded a few weeks ago and I was ready to through in the towel and sell the "metal box", but I reconsidered and I am going to keep the RV for a few more months.

Disabled hubby loves the RV life and the two pups give us lots of kisses when we tempt them with a promise of "camping". I am a sucker for the looks that the three of them give me.....

I will tell you what other fellow RV'ers gave to me....Stick with it and make sure that you are decided about the pains and downfalls of the rolling home before you ditch it...

I have dried my carpet and I am ready to hit the road again....

Faith in Massachusetts

Faith and Bob, Bitsy the Papillon and Bosco the Chi-weenie....RIP Truffles
2005 Revolution LE - 2008 Honda CRV Toad
Northern Massachusetts and the rest of the Country.
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #16
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ouch to the mess. I have Allure in my house and LOVE the stuff. Has held up well to our dogs too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TheDogNPonyShow - Bellingham WA USA
Road Home of BlackFyre Arabians & Belgian Shepherds
"Love what you do, Do what you LOVE!"

2006 Four Winds 28A, Ford V10, E450 Toad 2000 Geo Tracker.
DogNPonyshow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #17
Vintage RV Owners Club
The water hadn't had too dang much time to soak in. Opened up the gray tank and shop-vac'd the carpet immediately, pulled it up, shop-vac'd the wood, turned on a fan on the wettest areas and slowly moved it around. Had our nice dehumidifier going the whole time, as well (shown in upper side of picture). It was dry within an hour or so. Removing the carpet was the biggest contributor.

We decided to go Allure. Should be getting it in on Thursday. My topic on the actual reflooring is here:Suggestions on flooring remodel?

I figured anything dealing with reflooring deserved its own thread, as the technical details of it aren't directly related to this issue, although it certainly was the cause of redoing the floor.

Considering the trade-offs between here, and trying to find something to rent in the area that won't blindside us with rent and pet fees, this old rig won hands down. Short of coming into some nice money, we will be in it until at least next fall. Managed through 15 months straight in her so far, we can go another year.
1992 Dutchmen 30FK
2 adults who don't know they are adults, 3 furry feline children
SyrenSkywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #18
TdogKing - according to the RV Doctor, Gary Bunzer, and othe seminar presenters I've listened to, both the black and grey valves should be closed until you're ready to purge the tanks. Just sayin

Poptop is offline   Reply With Quote