Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Experience w/ foggy window repair-Phoenix area?

I found these two places in the Phoenix area that advertise repair of fogged double pane windows.
Vendor 1
Vendor 2
Anyone have experience with either or recommendation?
I know there are repair places in Florida, Arkansas, North Carolina, Indiana, California, Oregon. I am not in those places. I will be around Phoenix. I need help and I ain't doin' it myself.

'09 Pleasure Way Lexor, Chevrolet Express 3500 chassis, 6.0L V8
Last RV, 2005 NRV Dolphin 5342 (2007-2014)
two2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Vendor 1 (RV Glass Solutions) is said to be the largest RV glass repairer/provider in the country. THEY say they provide glass to 90% of the smaller shops around the country. They also have shops all over (warranty).

Hal & Ginny Miller '04 Beaver Santiam PRT40
'04 Saturn Vue - US Gear Brake - Blue Ox tow
4 "girls" (3 Irish Setters - Retriever)
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
Vendor #2 has done work for me and other people that I know. Small company, will give discounts for multi windows.
Dale&Susan, 08 Alfa Gold, DaGirlsRv,
KoKo(Rainbow Bridge)&Della(Rainbow Bridge) 08 Jeep Liberty_Solar_940W Solar_660 AmpHr
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
I used RV Glass Solutions in 2011, to repair 5 foggy windows in my Southwind. The tech was a former line supervisor for Country Coach. We were happy with the work done. They have a large secure back lot which allowed us to stay in our coach at night, during repairs. I think the cost averaged around $300 per window.
LEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
I used a young guy (Joe Colvin - 602-505-3803) and was more than satisfied with his work. Joe will visit your site...remove, clean & reseal your windows...reinstall ....all for less than $100 p/window.
Jack & Maggie
04-Rexhall Roseair (37)
Cummins ISC / Spartan
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
Thanks for the feedback, folks. I'll check all these out when we get back to AZ this fall.
'09 Pleasure Way Lexor, Chevrolet Express 3500 chassis, 6.0L V8
Last RV, 2005 NRV Dolphin 5342 (2007-2014)
two2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
Dont have experience with these guys but prefer an established company that uses a "Clean Room" concept to clean and reseal the windows. The condition of the air between the windows, the quality of the glass cleaning and the quality of the sealing materials will determine how good a job is --not in one year but in five years. Quality and carefulness of the techs who remove and reinstall the window frames in yr coach can also be an issue.
Old Scout
2003 40' MDTS
Garden Ridge, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
National RV Owners Club
Window repair

We had two windows repaired by Auto Glass Boss last January.
Nice guys, great work, very fair price. They discount multiple windows on the same visit. They came to us and when they were all finished you could not tell that they had been there! If necessary you can go the their shop, but they charge the same price no matter where you are in the local area.
In my case, I was more than happy to stay planted and get the repairs completed.
I would use them again in a heartbeat!!!
The Nilsons
2003 Tradewinds LTC, Dynomax Chassis,
350 Cummins, 97 Wrangler
MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:57 PM   #9
We used Glass Commander in Arizona, great guys, great service, very detailed in their work. We highly recommend them. Their phone number is 602-266-6263.

rileyblue is offline   Reply With Quote